1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with sound issue

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by psxerick, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psxerick

psxerick Member

Ok so I have busted my brains open trying to figure this out. So I guess Ill toss it to u guys and see what i get. I have epsxe 1.7 and I LOVE IT. but heres my issue...my favorite psx games were survival horror games, and the only one that works right is Silent Hill. I have RE1,2,3 Clock Tower 1 and 2 and Dino Crisis 1 and 2, all of them have a sound issue. Not exactly sure how to accurately describe it other then a really high pitched 'white noise-ish' sound comes out any time (non-cgi) a character talks. It isnt to the point of not being able to understand...but wow does it give u a head ache if u try to listen to whats being said. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, how do u fix it...I really want to play these games badly. Thanks in advance. Also, my computer is well beyond what is needed to run Epsxe, so I know it is not my hardware, has to be an issue with the emu or sound device I used. I currently am using P.E.oP.S 1.8 sound.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

try a different sound plugin.

3. psxerick

psxerick Member

The only other plug in that I have is epsxe spu core 1.7. Do i need to find a different one(like google search for a new one) or just use it? from what i have read it is a faulty sound device for most games

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

ePSXe SPU Core 1.7 is considered a good sound plugin. I also use Eternal SPU 1.41 with pretty much perfect results.

Download the ePSXe plugin pack here: https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=600.0

5. psxerick

psxerick Member

Thanks a ton guys, its working great now!!!!! Cant say how much I love u guys right now haha. (completely platonic ofc, I only swing that way on weekends haha)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.