1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with running Rooms the Main Building on a TTDS card

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rumbombs, Jun 7, 2010.

1. rumbombs

rumbombs Member

EDIT-

I fixed the problem - YAY!

It turns out I was trying to run the European release, when I should have been using the USA one.
    Seems to be working well now :)

-----

Hello!

I've been reading a lot of posts and trying for a few hours to figure this out myself, but unfortunately I have not succeeded and really need some help!

I don't know very much about patches and getting around AP - I've sort of muddled along as I go - I've got most games working, but I can't seem to get Rooms the Main Building to work.

I'm using a Top Toy TTDS card, I've got the latest firmware installed, and I've also downloaded and copied across the latest TTDS menu files - such as usrcheat - from a post by pong at the gba forum.

However, when I try to play the game it crashes after a few levels, and will not save any game data. When you restart, your personal save file has been erased.

Am I doing something wrong? I don't really understand about usrcheat - I've enabled the cheats for the game using the options in the TTDS menu, but there are none listed under the cheat menu.

Could someone kindly (and simply) go through what I need to do exactly? I'm sure I'm just a step or two away.

Thanks for your help!

2. Croassassin

Croassassin Well-Known Member

Sorry for my lack of intelligence but to me it sounds like the Rom is protected with antipiracy.. I think all u need is a prepatched rom of the game but sorry i dont know what room and main building of ttds are so if im off subject sorry.

3. rumbombs

rumbombs Member

As far as I know, the game does have anti-piracy protection.

According to this post I found at gbatemp forum - http://gbatemp.net/t218024-updated-ysmenu-extinfo-dat-savlib-dat-infolib-dat?&st=0
    - some people have it working - but I have not managed it yet.

I am using a TTDS flashcard :)