1. This forum is in read-only mode.

help with R4i card

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by astrooriginal, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astrooriginal

astrooriginal Member

hello,

I bought an R4i card and I have been having problems with some games on my NDSi. First of all, I got the DSi from a friend who already had updated the version to the update where you get the flip note studio software (and apparently blocks some of the emulation cards as well..). However, when I bought it, the seller told me that they patched the card to be recognized as a game by the console and so it is, the card is identified as a Danny Phantom game and when I access it I have no problems. Many games work perfectly: never freeze and save and load progresses without problems, but others have been giving me trouble. Some freeze at the first screen or after the intro, others work and apparently save, but when playing again I get a message of "save data corrupted", or everything just begins again as a new game. I don't know if it's the card or the ROMS, but I would appreciate a lot if someone could help me out!

2. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

What are the games?? Or does the problem happen at random on all the games?? There are some of the games that need fixing before they work properly.... Here is a list....

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=29845.0

3. astrooriginal

astrooriginal Member

For example: Mario 64, Mario Kart, and Cooking Mama, and one of Spongebob work perfectly, but most others including both Zeldas, Kingdom Hearts, New Super mario brothers, GTA Chinatown wars, and both scribblenauts and drawn to life give me a lot of problems!

4. Renji217

Then look at the link I gave you.... They fix all if not most of your problems....

5. astrooriginal

astrooriginal Member

Thanks very much :D, so I should just download the pre-patched version and it will work?

6. Renji217

Ya.... If it dosnt you can always ask questions....

7. astrooriginal

astrooriginal Member

I am trying to download a couple from the list you gave me and I will test to see if they work whenever I arrive home. Do you know any place where I can find a list of pre-patched ROMs that would work? I've downloaded some that say "fix" and they don't work either. I'm sure the card does work because as I said, some work flawlessly such as Super Mario 64. I downloaded the following:

Diddy Kong Racing
    Jungle Climber
    Drawn to Life
    Mario and Luigi partners in time
    Mario Kart DS
    Mario Party
    March of the Minis
    New Super Mario Bros
    Scribblenauts
    Kingdom Hearts

and NONE of them work! Either for freezing or for saving issues :mad:!!

8. Renji217

Ok the mario games, Diddy Kong Racing, Jungle Climber, Drawn to Life and Scribblenauts should all work since there is no anti-piracy on them.... Try downloading the newest kernel for your R4i.... You can find the website on the box it came in.... As for Kingdom Hearts try to use the hex edit on the rom.... The patch rom dosnt work on all the cards for some reason so even I had to fix it manualy.... Here is the instructions....

Heres the link to the hex editer.... You can download the program at the bottomn of the page....

http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm

9. astrooriginal

astrooriginal Member

Yep Drawn to Life worked with saves and all, but Drawn to life II doesn't. I contacted the seller and he said it might be the update that was downloaded into the DSi. Since this card is programmed to be recognized as a Danny Phantom game by the DSi he told me not to mess with any of the files with exception of the ROMs. Could you please tell me how to update the kernel? THANKS!!

10. Renji217

Well I looked in the internet on any fix but no luck.... Aside form buying the actual games I couldnt there dosnt seem to be any answer.... Sorry (>T^T)>....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.