1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with R4I card

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by kaiangus, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaiangus

kaiangus New Member

JUST WONDERED IF ANYONE CAN ADVISE ME, MY DAUGHTER HAS A DSI WITH R4I CARDS THAT WORKS HOWEVER MY SON GOT A NEW RED DSI FOR XMAS & THE R4I CARDS WILL NOT WORK IN THIS ONE, ANY IDEAS WHY? IS IT A NEWER MODEL THAT HAVE BEEN BLOCKED FROM USING R4I CARDS??? PLEASE HELP IF POSSIBLE AS HE IS USING HIS OLD DS LITE UNTIL I CAN RESOLVE THE ISSUE.
    MANY THANKS
    VAL

2. iwantndsroms

iwantndsroms Well-Known Member

when you turn the dsi on go into systems settings and look in the bottom right hand corner of the TOP screen and tell us what the version is ie(v1.4) or whatever .

3. kaiangus

kaiangus New Member

IT SAYS VERSION 1.4E ON THE NEW RED DSI THAT IT WILL NOT WORK IN, HOWEVER ON MY DAUGHTERS DSI IT STATES V 1.2E

4. Dougie8865

Dougie8865 Member

Is the R$i card got 1.4 on it? If so then it will only work with a 2gb card and the latest firmware.

5. kaiangus

kaiangus New Member

NO IT JUST SAYS R4I SHDC.COM

6. gus777t

gus777t New Member

You will need a new card with the v1.4 in yellow on the front of the box, as the new dsi has the updated software on it. Don't update software on your old dsi or the card won't work either.

7. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

There are many different cards out there, AceKard 2i is your current best bet, stay away from R4s!

Just check for 1.4 compatibility, just a rumour but there's a new 1.5 with more added anti-piracy so get a card which can upgrade its self

8. kaiangus

kaiangus New Member

thanks very much for all you responses, it has been of great use to me & i will now get the new card & hopefully get it working.
    i apologise for the capital "shouting" it wasn't intentional, I'm very new to this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.