1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with R4 SDHC 1.41 Card

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by cnmsales, Nov 30, 2010.

1. cnmsales

cnmsales Member

Ok so first off I THINK I have the correct firmware installed. On the black box I received it indicates to go to www.nds9.com. This is where I went to get my firmware. I downloaded the one that corresponded with the box I received from them.

First a few questions.
    Is this the correct firmware? When I try to google my card I get a ton of results for cards from several different sites. When buying I didnt realize there were so many.

Is this the only firmware I can use on my card?

Is this the best card out there? If not what is?

On my firmware I have the three main menu options and below that I have about 10 +++++ etc etc. I was under the impression these + were to add games you used a lot for quick access. I cant figure out how to add these.

Skins. I downloaded a few but have no clue how to add them to the card for use.

Wallpapers. I found the folder that had the wallpaper that is currently loaded and downloaded a few pics and saved them as BMP files. but when putting them in this folder that card wouldnt load and gave me a BSOD.

RTS - I cant seem to make this work either.

Did I buy from a non reputable site? I cant seem to find any real good documentation on there site for answers to these questions.

I know ive asked a few questions here and I REALLY appreciate the help. Bought this for my son as an XMAS present and would like to have it set up completely when he opens it.

2. tsubakix2

tsubakix2 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping you get some answers as well. I'm sitting here wondering if Wood works with the R4 SDHC gold box myself. The site I got it from is telling me the firmware for it is R4i menu or somesuch. And two folders called moonmemo and moonshl2 are also there. And the files DS_MENU.dat and R4.dat.

3. cnmsales

cnmsales Member

Please someone?

Also, if I choose to go with a different site to buy my next card whats the best site to buy from?

I bought mine from http://www.dsmonkey.com/