1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with R4 and DSlite downloads

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by xXxMissyxXx, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXxMissyxXx

xXxMissyxXx Member

I extracted the new kernel (moonshl2, _DS_MENU.DAT, _DS_MSHL.NDS) files to my SD card and also extracted the Cooking Mama game to the SD card ...

When I put the SD card into the R4 and into my DS Lite I get "Please put "loader xxx" file into SD card"

I have R4 Revolution for DS, I downloaded the kernel from the web site on the front of the box www.r4rts.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

2. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

all the files that came with the download need to go on your microSD card

3. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

did you download the r4i firmware? since i cant see any non r4i firmware

4. azlanshah

azlanshah Well-Known Member

Download The lastest Firmware..Read this and download the firmware https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=27617.0

5. xXxMissyxXx

xXxMissyxXx Member

I downloaded the new firmware and I still get the Loader xxx error...

I looked back at the tutorial and the firmware is not for SDHC R4 cards ...

Is there any firmware available for the SDHC R4???

Thank you so much for your help!

6. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

If you downloaded the firmware from the website printed on the box your R4 came in, then you have the correct firmware

Make sure all of the files from the firmware download go onto your microSD card

Use a microSD card no larger than 2GB (i'm not sure what R4 you have)

7. tomjones21

tomjones21 New Member

How big is your memory card? Is it a SDHC card? It will say on it. There are two different loaders. The proper site to get your downloads is http://www.r4ds.com/. If your card is not SDHC download the 1.18 kernel to your desktop. Then extract everything to the root of your card. Meaning do not create a folder. Copy everything as is. If it is SDHC there is another section you will have to download that kernel.

8. xXxMissyxXx

xXxMissyxXx Member

Yes my SD card is SDHC and it has 8G on it ...

[​IMG]

9. tomjones21

tomjones21 New Member

Good to know! Nice PIC! ::) This should work for you. Let me know

Download this one: English Kernel v1.26

From here: http://www.r4sdhc.com/soft/33-en.htm

Then:
    After downloading and decompressing the new updated files, there will be one moonshl folder and two files _DS_MENU.DAT, _DS_MSHL.NDS.Copy these files to the root directory of TF card to replace the former files

10. xXxMissyxXx

xXxMissyxXx Member

OMG I finally got it to work ... I had to extract all of the files onto the SD card ... Not just the Moonshl folder, the Menu.dat and the MSHL.NDS file ... I had only extracted those files because thats what the instructions said to do... So I went back and just extracted everything that came up in the RAR kernel ... Thank you everyone for your help I really appreciate it!

11. tomjones21

tomjones21 New Member

12. xXxMissyxXx

xXxMissyxXx Member

LOL ... silly me huh??? IDK if I was having a blonde moment or if other people have done the same thing in the past ... The instructions didn't say to extract everything ... LOL ...

Anywho I'm glad I finally got it ... haha! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.