1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with R4/AKAIO and maybe suggestions for a new flashcart?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by faune, Jan 12, 2011.

1. faune

faune Well-Known Member

Hey RomU, it's been a LONG time. If anyone remembers me, you'll know I'm not good with this kind of stuff.

I've got an R4DS Ultra (I'm guessing that's pretty old now-a-days) and I was running AKAIO 1.4.1 with it. I recently upgraded the flashcart firmware to version 1.56 and tried to get AKAIO 1.8.5 running with it but I don't think it's compatible. With the previous flashcart firmware I could get AKAIO running but whenever I tried to run a game, the top screen would be black and the bottom screen would be white. With the updated flashcart firmware (v 1.56) I just get a "The akmenu4.nds file is missing", which I've read means that AKAIO was not set up properly or, I'm guessing, it's not compatible.

I'm trying to test out some newer games like Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, Dragon Quest IX, and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded. Is there a more recent version of AKAIO or something else that might let me run these games, or does this mean it's time to upgrade my flashcart- and if so, what should I look into getting (that is reasonably priced)?

2. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

ahh... there was an issue with the akaio update, currently there is another update akaio V1.8.5a this should fix the unable to find the akmenu4 issue and allow you to load it fine

3. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

Just try YSMenu since you got a R4Ultra : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0

4. faune

faune Well-Known Member

I had YSMenu before I had AKAIO. I like AKAIO a lot more but if YSMenu will run without any problems I might be willing to switch back.

I downloaded 1.8.5a and now it's telling me that the skin Adv.EvoR can't be found and to delete globalsettings.ini and resotre the skin. I don't even have globalsettings.ini anywhere on my R4.

5. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

you need akaio 1.8.1 for r4ultra: http://www.r4ultra.com/download/AKAIO_1.8.1.R4U.rar

6. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

Sorry to tell you , just Akaio v1.8.1 works on your R4Ultra .