1. This forum is in read-only mode.

help with psp3000

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cyren241, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyren241

cyren241 New Member

hi..i am wondering if you can do backup copies of your own dvd's to play on a new psp3000 (memory sticks)..this is all new to me so if you can could some1 pls give me an 'idiots guide' as to how and what i'm supposed to do and if i need any persefic software or ought..some1 told me you can't do it on a 3000 only on a 2000..so any help would be appreciated as it took a long while to save up to buy it and i don't want to risk damaging it by not knowing what i'm doing..thx again :)

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

You can put custom firmware on the PSP 3000, but it depends on the firmware version currently on it, so get the firmware version (from somewhere in the menu) and tell us.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You may not need custom firmware to run converted movies on a psp.

Look up "red kawa" and "psp movie converter".

It has an option to pull the dvd video and make it into a file that the psp can read.

Also-if your after custom firmware-play games downloaded NOT from PSN store (for free basically-like the roms here) try my hacking guide in the tutorials section.

The final post at the bottom has...basically an idiot proof installer for 3000 users so they can run like a proper hacked psp.

ENTIRLY optional though.

4. cyren241

cyren241 New Member

thx guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.