1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help With PSP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lewis9191, Jan 5, 2011.

1. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Firstly this is in the wrong topic but I don't know what section this goes in. (Please move)

I currently own a PSP original/1000 I think. And it hasn't been used for over a year and i was wondering what is the best way to hack it.

I know hardly anything about it but I have heard of pandory battery and that's all I know.

Any tutorials or UK based shops to purchase the hardware is very welcome.

The system software is 3.95.

Thanks
    Post Merge: [time]1294265145[/time]
    Bump

2. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Theres plenty of guides in the tutorial section.....

3. doughboy

doughboy Guest

you will need a pandora battery or battery converter, first of all...
    you can buy one online at DealExtreme or any other elecronic store.
    buy that and then i will help you.
    just so you know for the psp1000 you can hack it no matter what version it is.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You don't need a Jigkick Battery and an MMS. (Jigkick + Magic Memory Stick = Pandora Battery)

All you really need is HEN and the Hellcat's recovery flasher. If you're not sure about what model your PSP is, then look at the serial code on the bottom of the PSP. It should say PSP 1000 or whatever.

5. lewis9191

it is a psp1000 - i dont know what you guys are on about so do i need it or not?

6. doughboy

doughboy Guest

Read what I have said - also, look at my sig man, I have experience with PSP's [both fat & slims]...
    I assume you want to fully hack it with a CFW, so please buy the pandora battery and then PM me or e-mail me at [email protected]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ace101 likes to soft-mod his psp with HEN (no risk of bricking)
    HEN - you must patch the PSP everytime you turn it on in order to play the games (hombrew)
    *the process takes about 2 min to do.

7. lewis9191

I did read :)
    So buying one from ebay would be suitable. Are they universal or just one for phat be fine ?

8. doughboy

doughboy Guest

You can buy the fat kind, you can also use that one to hack slims for friends and family members as well :D
    I guess you can buy it off-of eBay, but personally I don't trust eBay :p
    I actually bought mine (Battery Converter) at CodeJunkies, but doubt they sell them anymore...

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I don't use HEN man.
    I use CFW. I flash the shit out of PSPs. :p
    I have bricked a few, but my Pandora battery has always brought them back to life. I once had my PSP semi-brick on me. I just had to reflash it.

Buy a Jigkick battery off of Dealextreme. - http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472

10. doughboy

doughboy Guest

Oh, I just taught since you said...
    but it's cool I'll help him out...

11. theunderling

Ace,is your pal for real.......telling his granny how to suck eggs LOL

For the OP,you can try one method which is with a Tool battery,or another method which you create a Tool battery.Like I said earlier,BOTH methods have a tutorial.

You can order a battery from Hong Kong,but that takes 3 weeks.You can pay a bit more and get one in a couple of days from UK.

http://pandora-battery-shop.co.uk/

12. lewis9191

I know this is stupid, but is the site safe.
    Also if i order one will you help mexican ?

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

lookinthemirror is legit, you can trust the guy ;)

14. theunderling

LOL Rocky-thats where your fucking battery came from.........

15. doughboy

doughboy Guest

Honestly I could not say as I am from the US...there are no reviews on that particular site, so I would not trust it.
    The only online stores which I know that sells them, and is legit, is DealExtreme and Codejunkies (Datel)
    Sadly, Datel does not sell them anymore :(
    http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.pandora%20battery
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/DealExtreme
    Yes, it make take 2-3 weeks to arrive from Hong Kong but its free shipping and you can upgrade to faster shipping if you'd like.
    (they do deliver world-wide)
    I said I would help, just buy it first though and I will walk you through it :D