1. This forum is in read-only mode.

help with psp

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by pepe06, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepe06

pepe06 Member

I just got a slim psp 3000 and i want to get games on it does anyone know any good sites or how i should go about this?

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

PSP Iso

You have to register but it's not a hassle or anything. Very good website for PSP games and PS1 games converted to the PSP.

You can always torrent it too.

Choose the right forum next time too.

3. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Can you hack a 3000? I know I was able to using the method that i hacked my 2000 with.

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I thought you weren't able to, after a quick google search, you can.

For something 'uncrackable', they sure cracked it quick.

http://psp3000hacks.com/psp-3000-hacks/custom-firmware-on-psp-3000s-gen-a-cfw-released/

5. pepe06

pepe06 Member

Thanks for the link sorry bout the wrong place to post this maybe someone coould direct me to a good site for isos i would appriciate it

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I already showed you.

7. Jobaman

Jobaman Guest

maybe you could buy them instead of going after isos ?

8. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I hate having to carry around UMDs, when I can fit 5-8 of them (as long as not one of them is named Crisis Core) on a 4 GB stick.

Torrenting is your best bet. Check TPB, and demonoid first, then expand to mininova and isohunt. It's easier that way since you just start a download and it goes, and it goes pretty fast. I'm clocked at 700 KB/s right as we speak. On most sites, they're rar'ed to segments and most likely hosted on megaupload and rapidshare, which has wait timers after you exceed bandwidth. That requires a lot of attention, so unless you got the time, do that, otherwise, stick to torrents and delete out the shady trackers. Only keep the ones that have big names.

9. pepe06

pepe06 Member

thanks i just have to wait for my memory to show up in the mail the wait sucks

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

psp games-www.pspisoz.com

Best place-I hate torrents so I always use them-most games are in full, only rip was need for speed carbon (rip-cut scenes removed in most cases and music)

Also, you CAN partially hack your psp-look up chickHEN (latest version-find it on http://pspslimhacks.com.).

It's a little annoying, since it doesn't touch the internal flash-meaning it's not permanent hack-but keeps your warrenty safe-and can be reverted-problem is you need certain firmware-5.03 is the safest for using it.

And because you can't play iso's straight off that hack-look up CFW enabler-also on that site, it also allows the use of converted psx games :)

To keep the "hack" just use standby-quick flick on the power button instead of holding it until shut off-to keep it...

Also, the HEN may not always work, it is also unstable-but unlike the way I hacked my psp, no risk of damage once done...

Look up my guide on the tutorial section of this site-just pay attention to the red font-that is how to hack your psp-any further and it will be damaged-just follow it-and pm me if you need help-don't proceed if your scared though :)

Hope I helped

11. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

ive only just found a way to perma-hack a 3000 but it involves some pricision soldering:a new set of "open" EPPROM chips but they quite a hassle to get

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...that's a bit of a risk, besides doing it via chickHEN is just trial and error, rather than ripping it open and hoping it works.

13. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

which is why i dont suggest it to noobs but im just throwing it out there for consideration
    I use EPPROM's from the hackable 2000 and it works fine(i already have the equipment as i do screen replacments and body mods as well)

14. pepe06

pepe06 Member

Well i just got the system software 5.03 gen a full but im having trouble running games can any one help me

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Gen eh?

IS it the latest GEN type-some read iso's better than other's...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.