1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with PSP Shadow of Destiny

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by maggiemaymay, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maggiemaymay

maggiemaymay Well-Known Member

Got this from pspisoz. Games starts, then black screen after the "Prologue". How can I make this work?

2. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

What custom firmware do you use ?

3. maggiemaymay

5.50 GEN-D3

4. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Have you tried changing the....damn it, I forgot those options.
    Press select when in the XMB Menu then there should be an option saying M33 Driver or maybe Sony n960 or something.

Have you tried changing those options ? Sorry, I forgot the option's name.

5. razgrizglenn

razgrizglenn Well-Known Member

/\ You mean the UMD Mode? Yeah, I played the japanese version of the game on GEN-D3 (wich was, ironically, both in english and japanase right from the start) and had to set the UMD mode to the sony driver and disable some plugins, for whatever the reason.

BTW, SoD is the best adventure game I ever played. I want a sequel. NAO.

6. maggiemaymay

I don't know where to go for the XMB or the UMD Menu.

7. razgrizglenn

The XBM is the menu that shows up when you turn on the PSP, its "main menu". Press select on it to bring up the VSH menu. The option to change the UMD mode is there. If you can't bring the VSH menu by pressing select, then you must enable it in the recovery menu.

8. maggiemaymay

It's at M33 driver so I changed it to Sony NP9660 but I can't seem to save it. It goes to Exit and I can't get out. I have to turn it off and when I go to take a look, it's back to M33 driver.

9. razgrizglenn

Hmm. I think you can change it in the recovery menu, too. Try doing that.

10. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

To go to recovery menu, in case you don't know.
    Turn of your PSP, then turn it on again while holding L button (or is it R ? )

I forgot these since I lost my PSP.

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

To change the setting once you are in the VSH Menu, then hit the restart button and it will save it automatically.

Oh...and if the game is newer, it will not work.

You'll have to wait for an update from GEN.

12. maggiemaymay

This just came out a couple of days ago on pspisoz for the PSP.

13. razgrizglenn

I'm rather sure this is not the case: the jap version of the game was released last year and was 100% compatible with GEN-D3, I'm willing to bet the US version is just a direct port, thus I don't think it has those newer h4x0r protections.

14. Monsta316

Monsta316 New Member

I got it working, go to the xmb thing settings xD, then cfw settings. Go to the UMD drive, change it to the Sony onem and it works

15. maggiemaymay

Changed setting from the recovery menu and the games works. Thanks a lot guys.

What's the difference between M33 and Sony NP9660? Do I have to keep switching back and forth if other games don't work when it used to work?

16. razgrizglenn

I'm not sure, and this is just a wild guess, but I think it's related to the emulation of the game's image (the ISO/CSO file) on a virtual drive, and yes, you will have to change it when needed, none of them have 100% compatibility with all games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.