1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with PSP hacking (Not sure if right section)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tomoka, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

I have read the following guides: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=19465.msg253835#msg253835 & http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=29022.msg496359#msg496359

I feel utterly retarded...i didn't understand a thing =/

So...will someone please dumb this down for me? I'd prefer to not have to use the second guide because i fail with hardware... I'd prefer to use the first one, but being the fearful person of ruining things i am, i'd need to know how safe it really is first.. Any help with understanding these, or even a more idiot-proof guide would be great!

2. gimpym

gimpym Member

you'd have to give us some info about your PSP, model 1000,2000,3000- and if youve got the official firmware and what version it is.

Without your PSP info no one can help you effectively, we would basically be taking shots in the dark.

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

Basically...that's for you guys to tell me XD i haven't purchased it yet :p
    What should i be looking for?

4. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

You should look for either a PSP 1000 or 2000, they tend to be the easier ones to mod

5. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

you have to be careful with some psp 2000 that have the unhackable motherboard. check this table as it tells you this, and which can create a pandora battery (which is needed for modding the psp)
    [​IMG]

6. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

OK....based on that, i want one that can actually "create" a pandora battery so i don't have to do the soldering shit...So that means i'm going for a 1xxx (i believe that's the PSP 1000, or original?)
    So...what's the gaming/PSP experience difference between the 2 before i decide? My "Seller" is a fellow techy... (Which means if necessary, i'll get a 2000 with the right MOBO >.>)

7. iluvfupaburgers

the differences between 1xxx and 2xxx is that 2xxx has more RAM (but is not noticed on games, only some homebrew) brighter screen and is thinner, and i think it had more battery life

8. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

Hmmm....makes me want a 2xxx more... =/

Is there any specific ones that have a TA-085v1 MOBO?

9. iluvfupaburgers

not sure about it, i believe its the realyy first models, before a star wars pack stat came out

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You should be looking for ANY 1000 model or an early 2000 model.

If you are going to get a 2000, then I'd suggest getting either a Star Wars edition PSP (Darth Vader on it) or a Daxter Ice Silver edition PSP.

Those are fully flashable with CFW. Anything else you need to know?

Need to know how to hack one with a Pandora Battery?

Not that hard to do. Hopefully that helps a lot.

Also, the latest Prometheus firmware is version 4, but I don't trust it. It has bugs and shit.

When using Windows 7, you may run into a bug that won't let you inject the IPL onto the PSP. You should try it on Windows XP for best results with PSPGrader.

11. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Yes-the Simpsons one does-Ive one here LOL.

12. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

It was unofficial release, that's why.
    using ISO Tools is more preferred.

13. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

Okay, he doesn't have any in-stock with the right MOBO. :'(

So...i guess that means i'm getting a 1xxx
    based on the above, i'm a little confused...I connect it to my PC, after doing all that was named, remove the battery, and insert the Pandora battery while holding L...1 question...Where does the pPandora battery come from? ???

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you buy one or make one.

15. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

I guess i'll be buying one then. =/

From what i read about the soldering, it'll be impossible for me to do. =/

And also, i ended up getting a Silver PSP 2001... I have no idea what type the motherboard is. =/ How can i tell?

EDIT: more info =D

Official firmware version: 6.20 (i think this is good?)

And another question....what is a good website to bu a Pandora battery from? Google isn't giving me shit...

16. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I bought mine from deal extreme

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472

17. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

:eek:

I've never shopped there before, but i've heard they're trustworthy =D

And i also can't believe it's THAT cheap with all the work/soldering involved in making it. :eek:

*Orders*

1 last question...how do i hook it into my PC? Like...what type of USB cable do i need? And could someone link to it?

PS. Thanks Tirith =D

EDIT: ffs.... i HATE PayPal... They declined my card over 8 times, and left two 1$ charges on it, so now i don't have enough on the card to get the Pandora Battery -.-

Do ya know any other good sites Tirith? (or anyone)

18. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The battery doesn't hook up to your PC, it is a battery for your PSP. The PSP connects to your computer with the mini usb connector that comes with it. http://www.amazon.com/PSP-USB-Cable-Sony/dp/B0009DPQYI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292110780&sr=8-1

Same cable works for charging PS3 controllers on your PS3.

19. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

Oh, lemme apologize, i didn't mention what i really meant. >.>

I know the battery doesn't hook up, i meant the PSP :p
    Forgot to change the subject first :p

Seems the charges from PayPal went away, so i tried again...still....it won't take the damn card...

EDIT: Hey Ace...imma need a little more help than that. =/

Your first 2 links are dead, and the MF link is removed. :'(

And do you think you could explain it a bit more? Like, why do i download the Prometheus 4, and not the previous one if it's so buggy?

Ok, i've finally ordered the Pandora Battery, and the USB cable for it, bookmarking this page. If i need any help i'll just PM Ace :p

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Ok. You have skype? PM me for my email if you can't email me your skype ID. I'll tell you whatever you want to know.