1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with Ps2 iso

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zdog311, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zdog311

zdog311 Member

I have today got swap magic 3.6 for my fat ps2. ;D One problem though, :( It won't work. I got my game iso from the pirate bay, then i burned it using nero express to a dvd+r. (I am getting some dvd-r's in the mail soon.) It says there is data on the disk, but when i use my swap magic and get to the point where i can push X (after swithching the disks) it takes a while to read and then a message pops up and says "Not a valid Ps2 disk." Is it just that I need to use Dvd-r's or what. I ordered some anyways so that would be fine, but some people said dvd+r's work fine on theres. Am i doing something wrong. ???

Please Help!!!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Use a better burning program. Like IMGBurn.
    www.imgburn.com

Choose the "Write image file to disc"

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Use slow burn speeds (with img burn) and dvd+ as that is what I use.

And a good brand like sony is worth it.

4. peppero01

peppero01 Member

Did you use the Swap Magic disc, then switch to the burned ISO by simply pressing the eject button? Because that doesn't work. Swap Magic only works when the disc is still spinning, you do NOT press the eject button at all. Since you have the PS2 Fat, you need to take off the front cover of the disc drive. You load Swap Magic and when it's done booting, you need to use a slide card to pop the disc tray out. That's when you take the Swap Magic disc out, and replace it with burned copy, manually push the tray back in, and start. You NEVER press the eject button during this entire process.

It's a hassle. It would have been better had you gotten FMCB or modded the console itself with a chip.

5. zdog311

zdog311 Member

Well I did do the swapping right, and im using tdk dvd+r. When i trie to use imgburner though it says. Device not ready (unable to recover TOC). What am i supposed to do. ???

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Are all the included files with the iso your trying to burn?

7. zdog311

zdog311 Member

Yes, i just extracted it from the rar and left it the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.