1. This forum is in read-only mode.

help!! with pokemon soul silver :(((

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by kirstyandmark01, Apr 23, 2010.

1. kirstyandmark01

kirstyandmark01 New Member

hi guys iv just started playing soul siver and iv some hoe restarted my game and lost the save file after the second badge it really dont wana start again because its took me a while to get to this point :-[ plsssss can someone give me a save file around badge 2 i would really appreciate any help

thank you in advance

2. omgwtfitzben

omgwtfitzben Well-Known Member

Was this on a ROM? If it is, you can just go to like gamefaqs or something for a .sav file, but I highly doubt it'll be at the 2nd badge.

2nd badge isn't all that time consuming is it? That's about an hour or so. I'm going to be a bit frank, but I restart Pokemon games all the time and getting to the 2nd badge is pretty dang easy. If you like got your Pokemon to level 30 on that file, I'd be a bit upset too.

You could always use Pokesav. I don't think anyone has a sav. file after the second badge. I mean, their name would be on there, all different Pokemon, etc, wouldn't you want it to be your stuff? Sorry if I'm no help.

3. kirstyandmark01

i have been doing a lot and everyday life getting in the way it tool me 6 hours to get to second badge :/ (mayb im slow) lol my higest bokemon was 15 is there anyway at all i can get a save file or get my old save bacck?

4. omgwtfitzben

omgwtfitzben Well-Known Member

Was it a ROM or an actual game cartridge?

5. kirstyandmark01

its a rom
    Post Merge: [time]1272009323[/time]
    well iv searched for the things u said pokesave / game faq no luck but ty for the advice

6. Lukong

Lukong Well-Known Member

Hello I am a AEU (Adept Emulation user). If you use emulators then this will help you and if you don't then sorry for wasting your time.

First the freezing happens and if your using NO$GBA 2.6a keep it, but don't use it to play Pokemon SS or HG. Second get this emulator known as Desmume 0.9.5 which can fix the problem

Desmume 0.9.5
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/desmume/files/desmume/0.9.5/desmume-0.9.5-win32.zip/download

the reason Desmume 0.9.5 can stop the freezing is because this emulator has a game fix that can help with this game and few other [If you run into a problem you most likely don't need the fix, just change a setting] here are some instructions, but here is a tip play with the settings and sometimes its the emulator your using so when you get your new rom just try it on both emulators

The Emulator known as DeSmuMe 0.9.5. (File Name "desmume.nosse2") can play Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Warning it well restart the emulator so save and do the steps

Config > Emulation Setting > Check "Use 8MB debugger mode when starting execution" and Click "Ok"

To make DeSmuMe faster

Config > 3D Settings > "SoftRasterizer", Check "...Edge Making", "...Fog" and uncheck "Unrealistically..." > Okay

Config > Sound Settings > Synchronization Mode choose "Synchronous..." and choose "N" or "Z" or "P" > Interpolation "None" or "Linear"

Config > Frame Skip > Uncheck "Limit Framerate" > (For faster speed) > Auto Skip or Fixed Skip > Adjust to "1" to "3" or higher [Note: Lower is smooth and Higher is Choppy] or> Auto Skip "0" for a very Smooth setting

7. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

>DeSmuMe

I lol'd hard.

8. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

2nd badge? That takes me at least a few weeks, because I want all my pokemon leveled evenly and shit and end up failing on the first gym because my pokemon are full of suck.

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Grind your starter pokemon and severely outlevel the opposition = 1 hour tops.
    Doing it your way = a few weeks.

10. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

o_O But I don't like Piplup, Turtwig, or Chimchar. I would rather release all of my pokemon and only keep a team of Mudkip, Kyogre, Meganium, Mudkip, Dialga, and Dragonair. (And yes, I do know I said Mudkip twice. The more the merrier. In this case, it's so I can recreate the Mudkip insane edition from youtube.)
    But eh, if I can't have that then I'll just train all of them to be of equal level so even if I lose my slightly higher leveled starter pokemon I still have a chance.

11. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

We are talking about HGSS, not D/P/Pt.
    I usually keep two extremely high level pokemon that have great synergy to get through the game. The rest, are HM slaves, or filler really. It's how I got through HGSS in less than 15 hours, minimal grinding since most of the EXP you gained anyway was only distributed over 2, not 6.