1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with pcsx2 0.9.2 and armored core 3

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by JohnDGlas, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnDGlas

JohnDGlas Member

I was wondering if anyone could help me fix my config for this game. I can get through the opening CG, and make a character. but as soon as the first mission starts it freezes. if you need specific computer specs just tell me what you need. Cuz i don't know what you'd need to know. I have a nice computer, i can run Fallout 3 on high fine. so i don't think its my hardware. Any help would be nice, thanks. And i think this is the right forum thread? ???

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Have you tried using PCSX2 0.9.6?

3. JohnDGlas

JohnDGlas Member

I am using that version. my bad i messed up lol but yea i am using 0.9.6

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Have you tried using 0.9.2 then?

Check out the PCSX2 compatibility list.
    http://www.pcsx2.net/compat.php?&c=a&s1=1&s2=1&s3=1&s4=1&s5=1&p=5

Is says the Japanese Armored Core 3 is playable in 0.9.2

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I think (think, remember that...) if it works in a specific version regardless of the region it may work (ie jap region in older version may work in another with newer version...)

But then again, if it's jap it may be tottally diferent, every game I have that came up "9.2.0" worked fine on 9.6.0...

But just incase, what are your computer specs-not all can handle it...

Here's mine as a guide to BARLEY play grand theft auto san andreas...

Ram-2.0ghz

chip-intel core duo

Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3430

Memory: 2042MB RAM

If your able to get it started you must have direct x 10 already...

And what are the settings your using, I have pixcel shader 3.0 on, but not sure of the other ones, let me know what you got, the settings on the emulator may help...

And finnally, the big one, using disc or iso file, and if disc, is it near mint, I had a copy of gran turismo 2 and it wouldn't go to east city (where you buy your first car) but everywhere else, the disc was damaged...

So I used an iso...or as I could have done, used another disc, which would be a waste of cash :)

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you mean processor speed, not ram. ram and memory are the same thing

It does not need DX10, DX9 will work perfectly fine. In most cases only windows vista has DX10, and windows vista is NOT suitable for running games or other intensive programs such as emulators because the OS uses too much of the resources.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

That is indeed true, however when I started this program for the first time it said I didn't have directx 10, which didn't make sence...

So I went to the link it gave me and now it started up...

I'm still a computer noob who persist with vista, if only I bought an older pc that didn't have blueray compatibility :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.