1. This forum is in read-only mode.

help with my R4isdhc v1.4.1

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by skaifey, Feb 20, 2012.

1. skaifey

skaifey New Member

Hi I'm new to this so could someone help me out, i have a R4ISDHC UPGRADE V1.4.1 and a Nintendo DSI running on firmware v1.4.2e. can someone tell me how to set up the cart to work. please any help would be appreciated.

2. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

You will need to go to the website printed on your flashcart to see if there is an update file, if not then you will need another flashcart.

If there is an update file then you need to run it on a DS/Lite

3. skaifey

skaifey New Member

thanks for the reply but please could you explain this as i said im quite new to this.

4. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

If there is an update file, the file will have to be updated on a DS/Lite as your DSi has been updated to block flashcarts.

You will have to put the update file on the root of your microSD and run it on a DS/Lite

5. skaifey

skaifey New Member

so i put the latest kernel onto the blank r4 card and then put the r4 card into a ds/ds lite then which do i update the r4 card or the ds lite.

6. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

you are not looking for a kernel/firmware, you need to look to see if there is an update file to allow your R4i to work on the DSi again

7. skaifey

skaifey New Member

no my r4 card is blank never been used and my dsi is running on firmaware v1.4.2e

8. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

Yes but your R41 is v1.4.1 so it will not work on your DSi as your DSi is v1.4.2, so you need to go see if there is an update file to update your R4i

9. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Please link to your site.

On it, there should be something like 'Dsi 1.4.3' patch file.
    You download that (along with the firmware) and put it on your flashcart.

Then you run the .NDS file you downloaded and follow the promps.