1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with my R4

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by emoRLY, Apr 3, 2011.

1. emoRLY

emoRLY Member

Just got my R4 today and I put Wood on it. Put the cart in and when i turn on my DS it says "There is no DS Card inserted." This leads me to believe it is something physically wrong with the card itself, not firmware. Any ideas??? Please help, thanks in advance.

2. linkfan551

linkfan551 Well-Known Member

Try cleaning the contacts (and blowing some air into the DS slot itself, with canned air if possible) If that doesn't work, try the paper trick. Which is slipping a little piece of paper behind the R4's contacts, to push it forward, giving it a better chance at connecting.

Still nothing? See if your R4 is actually an R4 and not an R4 clone, or an R4i clone. (R4i Gold excluded) that has to be flashed to work.

If all else fails, contact where you bought it from and ask for a replacement/refund.

3. emoRLY

emoRLY Member

thanks for the advice but how thick should the paper be? and what side do you put it on?

4. linkfan551

Although THIS GUIDE HERE is for the Acekard, the procedure is similar. Try that.

5. emoRLY

emoRLY Member

paper trick failed, could be a clone, how do i find out.

6. linkfan551

If the card says anything other than "R4 Revolution for DS" , for one. Another is to see if the card's website on the packaging is anything other than www.r4ds.com . The site is no longer up, however.

7. emoRLY

emoRLY Member

yea, its a clone, the website on the packaging is r4rts.com what can i do

8. linkfan551

You will have to e-mail the shop you bought it from, say it's defective, and get a replacement.

The card itself may be a clone, but is supported. It's made by the M3 team. While they themselves have not updated in awhile, THERE IS OTHER FIRMWARE TO USE.

9. emoRLY

emoRLY Member

thanks for all the help ill try to use the firmware in the link and if it does not work ill email them. Thanks for being so helpful

10. linkfan551

If the DS cannot even see the card, putting the firmware on the MicroSD will do nothing.

11. emoRLY

emoRLY Member

yea then its defective thanks dude.

12. linkfan551

One last question.. what kind of DS are you using?

13. emoRLY

emoRLY Member

ds lite

14. linkfan551

Ok then, never mind. Just was trying to see if you were trying to use an R4-RTS (not R4i-RTS) in a DSi/XL.