1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with my R4 SDHC

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by hanwei96, Mar 5, 2011.

1. hanwei96

hanwei96 Member

I have a r4 sdhc with i bought in a package with my ds. my original firmware was 1.18, which i then managed to upgrade to v1.21. however, i cannot find the original website as i have lost the box and cannot remember the link. what is the latest firmware for my flashcart? i have tried various firmwares but they all either get stuck at the loading screen or give me a black screen or tell me that the card is fake. i think this is one of the rarer clones. can somebody help? ysmenu and waio dun work on it as alternate firmware, ysmenu works as .nds file.

this is how it looks like:
    [​IMG]

i want to get a newer firmware as i want to play pokemon white/black and my ysmenu (v6.52) is screwy cos of the original firmware and give me load rom errorcode=-5 even though its supposed to be fixed already...

2. dark saiyan

dark saiyan Active Member

well i hope im helping by telling you this:

you can make all firmwares work if you do it the right way(by all firmwares i mean the ones for that card)
    its all about linux or something anyway to say it in plain english the reason your loading screen error and stuff like sometimes a purple screen its because your R4 doesnt see: ds_menu.dat the same as DS_MENU.DAT you catch my drift?
    i mean to say that your R4 cant locate sevral files because the names arnt capitalised theres this whole thread somewhere i cant find anymore but i can tell you this:

change the _system_ maps root so the map system should be small letters and everything in it turned BIG i know this sucks cuz it does...
    but it works man if you want ill copy my exact files and upload em so you can use that(its 1.34 kernel i think

*note* i do not use it anymore i have acekart2i and the newest card is on its way DSTWO or something its called.
    any questions plz pm me ill try to help.

~~dark saiyan~~