1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with M3 DS Real booting GBA, NES backups

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by somethinginbrackets, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. somethinginbrackets

somethinginbrackets New Member

I recently bought the M3 DS Real to play backups of my DS, GBA and NES games. The DS backups work totally fine, but the GBA and NES are a completely different story. I've heard that I need a slot 2 cartridge for that, and when I bought the M3 DS Real I only got the cart by itself. I have the original DS, so the GBA expansions for DSlite don't work for me.

What can I do about this? Is it possible to do it without a 2nd slot cartridge? I have an EZ-Flash IV...would that work? If so, how would I go about doing so? Is it possible to run my NES backups without a slot 2 cartridge? Someone please help. :-[ Thank you so much.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You can play NES games without the Slot 2 device. You just need an emulator for your DS. Check out this thread:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=5002.0

But for the GBA games, you must have a Slot 2 device, A card that plugs into the GBA slot on your DS. EZFlash 3 in 1 is a good one.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

They can still work-but you will need the older versions of those cards...

The ezy 3 in 1 expansion pak comes in 2 versions-one that fits flush into a ds lite and one that fits best into a phat ds.

If you could order online I'd do that-I know a place that stocks them but it's australian-not sure if they send overseas-and not sure if they have any of the older cart.

As for NES-you don't actually need it-you just need an emulator.

NESDS-goggle it.

But it's not perfect-some games won't run right.

They never perfected NES emulation for some reason.

Well I hoped I helped-just remember-nes emulator is fine-and the ezy 3 in 1 has 2 different versions.

4. somethinginbrackets

somethinginbrackets New Member

Thanks a lot for the help guys, but does that mean my EZflashIV isn't compatible with my M3DSreal? If it is what do I need to do to go about setting it up to work?

Once again, Thanks :D

5. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

You can use the M3 Real to boot the EZFlash IV before running the GBA games from there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.