1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help With Final Fantasy VII!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by toffster92, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to play FFVII on ePSXe with different plugin combinations and i keep getting errors and graphics problems...
    I was wondering if anyone can tell me the best combination of plugins for the game... that would really help me out!

anyways... thanks in advance!
    Post Merge: [time]1254629506[/time]
    BTW i'm using windows vista... If that helps..

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Start by using ePSXe 1.5.2
    Then use Pete's OpenGL2 or D3D graphics plugin

Enable the game fixes for FFVII, mostly battle swirl and cursor stuff.

3. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

i'm using ePSXe ver. 1.7.0...
    does that make a difference?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

1.5.2 is generally more compatible with the Final Fantasy series. It may work with 1.7.0, but 1.5.2 is always a good place to start when dealing with Final Fantasy games.

5. Sythian

Sythian Well-Known Member

One thing I've noticed is that whenever I've upgraded my computer, I've needed to fiddle around with a few different settings and make changes here and there to fix things up. TirithRR is right about the plugins, and is right that 1.5.2 is a great place to start, 1.6.0 was riddled with errors, im currently using 1.7.0 fairly smoothly with FFIX but not sure about FFVII.

Best bet is to get the plugins right and then just get the closest to working possible, take a screen shot so you memorise what the settings are, and then fiddle around with little settings here and there, bit by bit until you find what you're looking for. One thing to check is the option near the bottom of Pete's video plugins for "Special Game Fixes" which has a variety of little things for those sorts of graphics problems here and there.

Hope this helps you somewhat mate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.