1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with Earthbound Save File on ZSNES

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ddraholic, Sep 7, 2010.

1. ddraholic

ddraholic Member

I realize that this is primarily a forum for help with DS stuff, but this really irritated me tonight, and this is the most active emulation forum I know, so hopefully y'all can help.

I'm using the newest ZSNES, Windows 7, earthbound (U).smc

I was playing Earthbound tonight. I have all my ZSNES files on my desktop including the .srm file from the save I loaded. I was playing for about three hours, saving every once in a while. I'd guess I saved about eight times over the course of playing. I then accidentally hit F4, loading my old save state from that button. I reset the game and tried to load my game save file, to find that the game hadn't saved the entire time I'd been playing it.

What went wrong?

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Ouch, happened with me awhile ago with either a gba or ps1 emulator when i used both save states and in game saves, save state loading somehow resets the memory card/save file to what it was when you save stated i think. My advice, just save state while you use the in game save.

3. ddraholic

ddraholic Member

I was afraid someone was going to tell me that. I actually found some guy's website where he has a save EXACTLY where my last save was. So hopefully I can get it working and forget all about this little altercation. Thanks for the advice though!