1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with DS rpgs

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Shiokazu, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Shiokazu

Shiokazu Well-Known Member

like,always,im lost searching aimlessly for a good rpg to play and kill time.

i want a good rpg,with animated battles,nice artwork,and a cool story, without great levels of grind.

maybe a action rpg,or even something like golden sun from gba. there are too much games for ds and,geez this way everything gets harder to search for. if there where a rpg genre search function here ;.;. anyway,is there anyone who can help me?

oh yes i forgot to mention,i want something original,kinda,not megaman mario rpg or final fantasy.
    something that theres only one game,maybe two.

2. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

Shin Megami Tensei : Devil Survivor.

i suggest you use the search function in this forum because a lot of thread like this have been made :)

3. Shiokazu

geez Megaten DS,im already playing it.

and believe i searched a lot through both,site and forum,couldnt find much. i mean,yes i searched a lot,but still there even more to be dug up,i feel defeated just thinking on it :(

4. JTakashiNe

JTakashiNe Well-Known Member

How about Lunar Knights, Elebits and Izuna?

5. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

why dont you tell us what game you already played?
    that will make it easier.

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try search for the same thread here,
    There are lots of same thread with yours.. :)

7. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

How about trying the sticky topics. Theirs much detail on upcoming and released rpgs. :)

8. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

This is her reason why.Unless a mod come and lock this thread (if the reason aren't reasonable enough).

9. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

DS is sure lacking RPGs >_<...
    I have the same problens as you.

And the most annoying part is that the new RPGs are still only in Japanese ._.

Did you already Played YS Book 1 & 2?

10. Considering you don't want to try continuing series, and you like Megaten DS, I'd recommend Disgaea, Luminous Arc (there's a 1+2), The World Ends With You, Valkyrie Profile Covenant of the Plume, Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled, Soma Bringer (search to find an English patch)...just some of my personal DS RPG faves.

11. Shiokazu

first of everything,i am a guy.

nah the ds is full of good rpgs,thats for sure,but,you have to assume that there are too many of then thats why it becomes dificult to search for then.

now now,sorry if i've already made lots of those threads. seriously. im considering all those rpgs who you guys cited here.

i've already played
    Chrono Trigger
    Valkyrie Profile covenant of the plume(still playing its pretty good)
    the world ends with you
    summon night(didnt liked much)
    avalon code(still playing)
    Etrian Odissey(its hard,i wonder if the second is too)
    Disgaea(played,finished,and sometimes i still playing)
    Luminous arc(i love this game)
    Final Fantasy IV(playing again,but i lost all my saves for all my games,need to restart lots of then)
    Final Fantasy Tactics A2(still playing and still enjoying!)
    Knights in the Nightmare(finished it twice)
    Final Fantasy Cristal Chronicles Ring of Fates(finished it once)
    Blood of Bahamut(just tested it,waiting for the US version)
    Megaten DS(its cool,but sometimes i just dont get the mood to play it)
    just tested Super Robot Taisen,but,i need to give it time to the story get developed and,come on the game is full of fanservice,i fear that there is no story at all,but the gameplay is quite ok.(i cant say the same for the map sprites)

im also downloading soma bringer as we speak,i've found the english patch here at the forums.

uh,and i have a question here,is etrian odissey all that dificult? or its just at the start of the game?

12. JTakashiNe

JTakashiNe Well-Known Member

For me Etrian Odyssey gets easier as you played more as most RPGs. But I got to say it is quite hard and can get annoying at times(I haven't finish, in the third stratum). So far the most annoying is a quest(optional) where you have to stay at the 8th floor for 5 game days(thousands of steps).
    Boss battle isn't that hard if you spend time to level up a little.

13. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Guess thats it then.
    Give a chance for YS. At least he fits most of the requiriments you posted.
    Also. Luminous, valkyrie and Disgae are tatics... not RPg :s
    If you add all tatics, action-rpgs and adventure games. Yes DS have a plenty of then.
    You might also give chance to the thousands Dragon Quests remakes we have at the DS.

Seens there is a Tales of Hearth on DS as well. But i guess it will be only in japanese

And before I forget, we Have Ragnarok DS (hey... dont laugh, its actualy fun :x)

14. Shiokazu

i shall give a chance for YS,haha now i've got a list of rpgs.

btw,we have a active thread for SMT DS?

15. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Try Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time. That's a little bit better than Rings of Fate, just make sure you enable the cheat to enable backup data.

16. Shiokazu

echoes of time,the list is starting to be stored!

17. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Yeah last night I found out that you can fight the bosses that are on FFCC: Rings of Fate in a special area. I thought that was pretty swish.

Also Devil Survivor is pretty good. Hard to understand to begin with, but good none-the-less.