1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with DS roms

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by LMANN, Jul 10, 2010.

1. LMANN

LMANN Member

I didn't know which section to put this in sorry. I have downloaded an nds rom from another site - but i just get a list of files - what do i do with them? I need them to be recombined into an NDS fike - how do i do this?
    Thanx

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Well, if you have Winrar, extract the file with no numbers in its name, or it will have part00 in its name.

3. LMANN

LMANN Member

It downloded as a Tz file and i used winzip to unzip it. There are several files from r00 to r08, but i cant do anything else with thm.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Get Winrar and extract the part00 file like I said.

5. LMANN

LMANN Member

have downloaded winrar - and then redownloaded the game. I know get a winrar archive folder full of files from r00 to r08. Have tried to extract the part 00 file as you suggested but i still dont get an NDS file. What am i doing wrong - sorry to be so thick.

6. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

okay, so....when you right click on the 00 file, and click extract, what type of files do you then get? and if i may ask, what game are you downloading, i may have a copy....

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Just extract the first archive, then extract the part00 archive to get the goods. :p

8. LMANN

LMANN Member

When i right click and extract i end up with a winrar archive. If i open this up in winrar i can extract from the r.oo file and end up with another folder that i can open up and see another winRAR archive. If i try to extract this it says i need next volume and insert CD. I have tried a CD but it still wont extract. Never had this trouble with downloading fromromulation - it just downloaded straight as a NDS file. I am trying to download 'How to train your dragon'

9. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

You need something called HJSplit to merge the files together

10. LMANN

LMANN Member

Thank you all, i have now located an NDS file from the first archive - but the game now says sav file couldn't be located. Where would i get a HJsplit from?

11. Stanley Richards

What game is it?

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Don't worry about HJSplit now.
    What game are you playing, what card, firmware, etc?

13. LMANN

LMANN Member

The first game was 'How to train your dragon'- that says no save file. Have just extracted an NDS file for Lego - Harry Potter and the screen just stays black. Its a R4 card - as i am an IT idiot - is the firmware the programme i downloaded from the R4 site?

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

What R4 is it?

15. Stanley Richards

It's anti-piracy.

And How to Train your Dragon is a DSi Enhanced game, meaning it can't be played on ANY ds card.

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It can, but it requires patching and stuff...

17. Stanley Richards

Oh..

Ignore me then

18. LMANN

LMANN Member

Thanx for all your help - as i am very new to this - i doubt i could cope with patching - i can barely extract files :) I didnt know' How to train your dragon' was for DSi - that explains why nothing shows on the screen. Is patching difficult?

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

What R4 do you have?

20. Stanley Richards

It's simple.
    There's are guides for patching somewhere. You can try looking at the technical help section, there's usually threads dedicated to popular games with AP, and patches there.