1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help With DS Lite

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Prichard31, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prichard31

Prichard31 Member

Ok, I purchased the R4i Gold Revolution for DS (DSi/DSL/NDS). What should I do next to get my games working.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

First you need to put the firmware files on your MicroSD.
    Go to the website listed on the box or to www.linfoxdomain.com/ds and download the R4i Gold firmware.

Then once the firmware is on the card, just put the NDS games on your card. Easiest to put them in a folder called "NDS Games" or something similar.

3. Prichard31

Prichard31 Member

I downloaded everything like you said but when I select a game to play I get "File not Registered" Can you tell me how to fix that?

4. TirithRR

Have you extracted the games?
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=3880.0

5. Prichard31

Prichard31 Member

Yes, I extracted the game and copied the .NDS file to the SDHC card.

6. TirithRR

You aren't trying to start them in Moonshell, are you?

7. Prichard31

Prichard31 Member

I don't know, i just downloaded the the kernel and the .nds game. How would I know?

8. TirithRR

Moonshell is the media portion of your card. It's used to play music, movies, and look at pictures. Sometimes people click on it and try to run games rather than running the games from the main menu.

9. Prichard31

Prichard31 Member

I pulled up Moonshell2 and disbled game play under it. Now the game shows up instead of "file not found" under aplication but it won't run.

Post Merge: [time]1266718500[/time]
    Under Accessory for the game is is say..."Check disk for NDS ver0."...."Image View ver1.11"....and" Morning timer ver1.2" Do you know what these files are?

10. TirithRR

I'm at a loss. I've never heard of this error specifically. And I don't know what would be causing it beyond the possibilities I've already said. Maybe someone else will be able to provide an answer.

11. Prichard31

Prichard31 Member

Thanks for all your help

12. Lomaha

Lomaha Well-Known Member

When you turn on the ds with the card in it - what options do you get?

13. Prichard31

Prichard31 Member

When I turn on my DS with the Card in it I get a screen with a calendar on the top and it says R4 Revolution for DS on the bottom with three options...two smiling circles...two music notes and a face split in half. If I click on the middle on I can see everything that is loaded on the card along with the games. I can see the picture of the game and the title. When i click on the game icon, on the top screen it says a bunch of stuff and at the bottom of it all is says application halted!!! Please refer to (/moonshl2/logbu.txt)

14. TirithRR

The middle is moonshell. You don't want that. Click on the Left icon, which should be Games/Homebrew or something similar. There you can start your games.

15. Lomaha

Lomaha Well-Known Member

If you are sure its the right firmware - there is more than one R4i Gold - then try to delete Moonshell from the card and ONLY place the firmware for the card and a folder with the game-roms in it.

Then pick the icon on the left and you should be able to play the games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.