1. This forum is in read-only mode.

help with downloading psp games

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TheOtherPerson, Jan 27, 2011.

1. TheOtherPerson

TheOtherPerson Active Member

I know there's a lot of topics about this out there but it's too much info for me. I would like a noob's guide on how to do this simplified as much as possible. Starting from nothing, tell me how to hack and do everything I need to do to my psp. My system software is version 6.10 and I'm guessing the model is a 3001(number under battery) and that's all I know.I also want to use as little money as possible(if I have to at all).
    Post Merge: [time]1296092539[/time]
    Also, could anyone say how to get psx roms for my psp?

2. dyem_regret

dyem_regret Member

hmm i dont really know how you put it on your PSP coz i dont own one... but my friend, you can download ANY ISO for ur psp using torrent!

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You will be able to use one of the "temporary hack" methods, which are not as good as the older full hacks, but still work enough to do some basic things. You will need to wait for one of the people more fluent in this method to respond.

All I can tell you right now is do NOT upgrade your PSP firmware. If you upgrade too far, it will become impossible.

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

If you sure that your PSP is the 3000 model with 6.10 OFW, you can only have HEN on it, which is the TN-HEN.
    Please be reminded that, it is a Homebrew Enabler, not a Custom Firmware, as it give a non-hackable PSP to use apps and some emulator,
    unlike CFW where you can play ISO/CSO, and wide range of emulators/apps on it.

Here how it was done, be noted that these are not my links, courtesy to PSH.
    1) Update your current firmware to 6.20, as the TN-HEN will only works on PSP with 6.20 OFW, for now.
    2) After the update has been completed, your System Information should show 6.20 instead of 6.10, if it doesn't,
    install the update again by first restoring the PSP to its default settings. Then, download TN-C.
    3) Connect your PSP to PC, and then open your GAME folder(PSP -> GAME), copy/paste the TN-C folder on it, and disconnect your PSP after that.
    4) On your PSP, go to GAME, and run the TN-C, wait until your PSP reboot by itself, and after it was done,
    check if your System Information show 6.20 TN-C, if it does, proceed to the next steps.
    5) If you want to play downloaded games, download Prometheus ISO Loader and put it inside the GAME folder(the same folder with TN-C).
    6) Go back to the root of your PSP, and create an ISO folder(where all your download game, ISO are stored here)
    7) Finally, disconnect your PSP, and run Prometheus ISO Loader from the GAME menu, wait until it load, then choose your ISO from the menu.
    8) and Enjoy.

Another things you should remember:
    - The HEN will automatically gone if the PSP was turned off, battery/MS removed, and for some reason it will gone during the sleep/standby mode too.
    If this happen, just run TN-C again from the GAME menu.
    - Don't disable any of the options on the TH-HEN Menu(Select), especially the flash0.
    - and more importantly, don't accidentally update your PSP to other OFW, just keep it 6.20 for now, even if there are HEN for new firmware.

Not for now, wait for the next update of TN-HEN.