1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with controller

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by SukhoiLover, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SukhoiLover

SukhoiLover Active Member

I got this controller:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-WHITE-SEGA-SATURN-PC-MAC-USB-CONTROLLER-HOT_W0QQitemZ110470821181QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item19b892f53d

But i´m having a hard time on getting him to work, can anyone help?

I plug it iin but nothing happens.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I would have just got a xbox 360 controller...at least it rumbles and has sticks..

*ahem

Is your pc detecting it?

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

have you tried going to gamepad in the control panel and seeing if it is detecting it at all?

if not, then try finding a driver for it. i'll look around for it. can't find anything.

4. SukhoiLover

He detected it for a few seconds and then it was gone. It doesn´t detect it at all now.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

This is why I dislike 3rd party controllers...

My fake ps1 controller made for pc had too many issues...many a time it would point stright up without input :(

Try on another pc prehaps...

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

that's weird. never had that happen before. i use a converter for my controllers. it's a gamecube/ps2/xbox to pc converter all in one!

http://www.amazon.com/GAMEON-FT-8D91-UNIVERSAL-USB-CONVERTER/dp/B001AMFNN6

i bought it at walmart for $10. they don't carry it anymore, but it's online everywhere. it's very easy to use and it is nice to be able to play psx games with a real ps2 controller!

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Mine looked like a ps1 controller, with dual sticks..no rumble...and dead zone was horrible!

My 360 pad is better...despite looking like a dog mauled it (second hand cheap...ebay) it does the trick on all of my games-emulators included.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

i'm wanting to buy a wii to ps2 converter because i like it better than the classic controller

http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/zz-wii-ps2ca.html

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I don't think you fully need that...

There is software that can connect your wii remote to your pc via blue tooth connection, to go as far as using your wii remote as a mouse is possible...not sure as a game pad though.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

hmm...i mean for the wii, not the comp...i was off topic!XD

i am unsure if i have blue tooth on my netbook (most up to date computer that i have...)

all of my other computers are a few years old. my older desktop that i'm on right now barely runs psx games.

11. SukhoiLover

Hey guys, he detected it but now it says unrecognized USB device. What should i do?

12. tim1182

tim1182 Well-Known Member

this is probably a silly question but when i bought my pc controller i got a cd with it to install did you get one with your's? or were you supposed to get one with it but wasn't included for one reason or another?

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

is it a plug and play or did it come with a cd with a driver on it?

14. SukhoiLover

Its plug n play, no cd no drivers needed (suposedly).

I´m getting so pissed off :( :(

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

well that sucks. don't know what to tell you. did you restart your pc?

16. SukhoiLover

Nope, just kept pluging in and out till it was detected.

Oh well, never mind, i´ll try to get a different controller, or PS2 controller adapter, anyone knows a good one?

17. tim1182

do you have a gamestop where you are?because they sell good pc controllers for €13 the one im using has 2 sticks force feedback analog and digital mode and 12 buttons also TURBO MODE

18. SukhoiLover

I´m on the middle of the atlantic, so no, i don´t have gamestop were i am, unfortunatly : (

19. tim1182

well im sure most computer stores will have one and if you are going to buy one make sure it comes with a cd so you dont have this problem again

20. SukhoiLover

Damn right. By the way, i live in Azores, thats why i said i´m on the middle of the atlantic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.