1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with buying a DS please

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by darkened_shadow84, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Okay guys. Last year I had a DS lite but ended up selling it and my R4 card because I was in dire need of money. This year things are looking so much better for me so I am looking at buying new. What my questions are:

What DS should I get?
    I want to buy a rom card and am looking at the acekard 2i as I would like to get my hands on a DSi XL. I also noticed that the DSi is regon locked. (I am from New Zealand) If I were to download a US rom to play on a DSi will it work? This is my only concern. I want to be able to play US regon games if I choose to.

I am pretty open to any suggestions so please go a head and tell me what you would do.
    Thanks in advance ^_^

2. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know about what flash cart to get, since when I got mine I had done no research and went with an R4 since it I had heard of it...

But as far as I know, it doesn't matter what the region protection says. If you get a ROM from one country, it will work on any DSi. As long as you have a compatible flash cart.

3. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

It will work and the Acekard2i sounds like a good choice. It can play most games with limited troubles and is cheaper then SCDS2

4. tantimongoose

tantimongoose Well-Known Member

I have dsixl with acekard 2i . If you get this run it with akaio (not the acekard operating sstem). It definatley will run games from all regions no worries.

5. Thanks so much everyone ^_^ I now feel confident in my choice and will go a head and buy. There are so many new games out and that are coming out that I want to play. Again thanks!

6. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

What did you choose in the end ?

7. tantimongoose

tantimongoose Well-Known Member

I'm yet to find a game that can't be played on akaio which seems to be updated regualrly. If you need any help setting it up or accessing features (such as cheats) I food that GBA temp have a fantastic manual here:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218103
    But lets know if you need any help.

8. -Honest- I'm going to go with the DSi XL and the Acekard 2i and do what tantimongoose had mentioned. I am planning on buying games as well I just wanted to be able to get ROMS for games that I know I will not be able to get my hands on here in NZ. I can get imported games if I wanted to but I like the option of being able to "try before I buy" with ROMS if you know what I mean?

9. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

wait for the 3DS! Sure the games may be mre expensive but its worth it!

10. Liem

Liem Member

Just to warn you, if you don't order your Acekard preflashed, and your DSi comes with 1.4.1 or 1.4U (Likely if its new), you'll need access to a DS Phat/Lite/DSi that isn't updated.

11. goodle101

goodle101 Well-Known Member

I really dont think you should buy a dsi xl... I think you should wait about to more months other wise you'll end up like this poor guy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YQ9_0xk1Zk

12. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

Thats false. DS roms aren't region locked. DSi wares ARE region locked.