1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with Bin/cue files

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Kairi_hime26, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Kairi_hime26

Kairi_hime26 New Member

Hi! I'm new here...I just joined here recently. So far I'm getting confused of what exactly should I do. I'm a complete noobie at this kind of thing and I really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance!!!!

So I download games here for my psp(actually just downloaded one for starters) and extracted the rar file(following the rar tutorial here) and it turns out a cue and bin file. Now what?

Do I convert it to ISO? Eboot? use MagicISO, Poploader? What's an emulator?

The game by the way is Bust a Groove(PSX). Once I get the hang of this, others would be just a breeze..right?

Thanks for the help. ;D

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I use PSX2PSP 1.4.2
    http://dl.qj.net/psp/tools-utilities-on-pc/psx2psp-v142.html

Use this program to convert it the BIN file into an Eboot. This is the only way the PSP will recognize the PSX games. Popsloader is used only for loading the Eboot games with earlier firmware versions of the pops emulator on the PSP. Pops is the Playstation emulator sony built into the PSP Firmware so they could offer Playstation One games for the PSP on Playstation Network. The only reason to use Popsloader is if you run into glitches/errors while trying to play your PSX games on your PSP.

PSX2PSP requires a copyrighted file to run, called Base.pbp which isn't bundled with the download. This file is what lets the program convert the games to Eboots. I can't remember exactly where I acquired my base.pbp file. There are likely a few links here in these forums. There will also be some results if you search with Google.

3. Kairi_hime26

Kairi_hime26 New Member

Ahhh...now I get it. Thank you for clarifying things for me. I saw a link here in one of the forums threads and actually downloaded PSX2PSP 1.4.2 the day before(after I read some forums after downloading the game). I'll try using it now. I'll look for a guide coz I have no idea how to use it.

So I also need a base.pbp file. Kay' I'll look for it. Once it's an Eboot, then the game will run now once I place it in the PSP?

Again thank you for the info. ;D

I gotta go...will search for it next time. Bye!!!
    Post Merge: [time]1283621531[/time]
    Tried it now. It's converted into an Eboot.Thanks!