1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with BIN/CUE files.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by wii14, Aug 20, 2010.

1. wii14

wii14 Member

How do I convert them into CDi files? I really want to play Revolt, but I got a BIN file and a CUE file, and I dotn know how to use them. This is probably the only forum that coul help, since its not overcrowder, nor undercrowded. So, what do I do now?

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i do believe all 3 file types, are a type of image file format....BIN and .CUE are usually disk image files...have you tried to use it as is?

3. wii14

wii14 Member

I d
    I didnt get a thing you said. my technical languge is bad x.x

4. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

okay, I'm sorry, pay no attention to what i said earlier...i'm guessing revolt is a game...so are you burning it to a disk? what are you planning on using it with?

5. wii14

wii14 Member

Oh thats much better lol. its a Dreamcast game and im trying to play it on NullDC emulator.

6. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

EDIT: i can't use it because i don't have access to the BIOS file required, as i don't own a dreamcast...

but based on knowledge from using other emulators...i do believe that the .CUE file, is just a record of how to write it properly, and the .BIN file is the games...so have you tried to use the .BIN file to play the game? if that doesn't work, does the emulator have the option to run from a CD?

7. wii14

wii14 Member

well you can download the dreamcast bios :D. anyways ill try what you said.

EDIT: Tried, cant run th bios file itself.
    I dunno which one means run from cd but there is these onea which say
    "Normal Boot" - "Hle GDROM Boot" - "Open bin/elf" - "Load bin/elf" (I just discovered these two lat ones xD)...
    K now that was ironic, ill try with the third option.

EDIT 2: Didnt work. when i clicked he file it just opened another "load" window, but this would open only cdi, nrg etc...

8. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

The " Normal Boot" one maybe means loading directly from the CD.
    Either you burn the .bin and .cue files to a a real CD or use a CD Mounting Program for it.

And there's those Open Bin/Elf choice, I think those should work with the .bin files you have.

9. wii14

wii14 Member

They didnt work. anyways what cd mounting program should i use?
    Post Merge: [time]1282327679[/time]
    BUMP
    I used MagicISO in the BIN file and extracted it into a folder. I got some folders like "cars" and "sounds" and that kind of stuff. What now?

10. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Try Daemon Tools.

That's only extracting the contents of the BIN file, I don't think you can use it just like that.