1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help - WiiSX Beta 2.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by swacklol, Jul 6, 2010.

1. swacklol

swacklol Member

Ok, I need some guidance.
    I've been trying to get Final Fantasy XIII working on WiiSX Beta 2. My ISO is in '.cue' format. I put it into the correct place it should be, of this i'm certain. Only when I choose to load the ISO, it won't. All it says is 'Failed to Load' or something along those lines.
    So I consulted the ReadMe for Beta 2 and noticed this line: '* ISOs can be .bin/.cue (Make sure .cue contains _relative_ directory!), .img, or .iso format.'

What does it mean by the '_relative_ directory' part?
    Is this something that needs to be contained within the .cue itself, or is it something like a folder I need to create?

Help will be much apreciated and repayed in kind with delicious cake.

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

if WiiSX Beta 2 is an emulator, you might wanna switch to Dolphin, otherwise, i'm dumbfounded....

3. swacklol

swacklol Member

WiiSX is a homebrew, PSX emulator for the Wii. I've had games run fine in '.bin' format on it, however this is the first time I've tried to run a '.cue' image.
    I guess it's perfectly feasible to convert '.cue' to '.bin' images without any hiccups? If so I guess i'll try that unless anyone can shed light on the '_relative_ directory' question.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

XD You have no idea do you?.. :p

WiiSX is a PSX emulator for the Wii.

CUE format is just a log for the Burner/ISO program. It's really not important. You need an ISO or BIN image for WiiSX.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiSX

5. swacklol

swacklol Member

Ok, i'm just being an idiot!
    I believe I know what I did wrong.
    *facepalm*
    Here you go Ace, you deserve it!

[​IMG]

6. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

[​IMG] = MINE NOW!!! hahaha

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Thank you. ;)

And if you ever need help with your Wii, just let me know. :)
    Or check here - http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=35411

8. rell

rell Well-Known Member

My little sister read this one with me and we bursted out laughing. You guys have gottin so funny around here, I come across atleast 6 funny things each time I log on.

9. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I was just dumbfounded as to why they were trying to get FF13 working on a Wii. Unless they meant a different Final Fantasy game, I would have just called that the main issue right there.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Haha!
    It's rather strange to some people, but you really can emulate PSX on the Wii. :)
    If you can do DS and N64 and a whole slew of others, then this is just the next step.

11. LuckyTrouble77

Well, no, the issue was mainly that FF13 is a PS3 and 360 game. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that a Wii could ever run a PS3 or 360 game, the processor is far too weak.

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Oh shit I didn't catch that...

They probably mean FF VIII?... :p

13. LuckyTrouble77

One can only hope. xD

That is actually one of the few Final Fantasy games I own. My FF 8 is in pristine condition too. :D