1. This forum is in read-only mode.

HELP W/ Nintendo Wifi-USB Connector!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mikeac, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I can't believe it's not working....

I'm using Vista x64 Bit and and tried version 1.07 and 1.06 of the drivers, and plugging it to my USB 2.0 ports, but it doesn't work. I've tried to download what is supposedly 2.0.2.7, but it doesn't exist. If it's possible, it is probably my x64 bit computer... Is there any way to fix it myself? Or are there any good hackers/programmers/devs out there that can help? I know how to hack it to become a G-Wireless Card, but I don't think that will help... My router is being repaired and I have to have mobile broadband.

Thanks...

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Try going to the official nintendo site and getting the drivers from there.

The last one runs fine for me, but you will need admin privilgaes to install.
    Post Merge: [time]1257519552[/time]
    And by drivers I mean the official program to install it, I got one pre vista days and it wasn't working until I got a new installer from there.

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

None of the drivers work with 64-bit.

Not the official one or the modified Buffalo drivers (to make it a router). You're out of luck. Sorry, I wish there was a way besides installing either Vista/XP 32-bit.

4. layton16

layton16 Well-Known Member

This happened to me i got a new computer about a few months ago and didnt know it was 64 bit so i kept trying to install it but it didnt work so now i use my old computer for my wifi

Natewlie is right none of them work on vista 64 bit

5. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I'm gonna try TinyVista...

Easiest option.

Have to find my CD-RW now...

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I found it easier just to enabled WEP encryption on my wireless router rather than WPA. It's not the most secure, but it made everything easier. And I don't have very many close neighbors, and there are two other wireless access points around me that are both unsecured, so they are a better target for thieves than I am.

7. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

All my neighbors have secured wireless. Minus my neighbor across the street, but he is out of range, unless I go to his house.

And, I don't have a compatible router for my DS Lite, only the DSi because that supports WPA. So I am gonna try dual-booting TinyXP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.