1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help - TWEWY erased all my files

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by playway, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. playway

playway Member

I had filled my memory card with over 120 games, when I decided to try The World Ends With You.
    The game suddenly froze after a few minutes, so I turned my DS off and on again.
    But when I tried starting acekard again, it said the system files were missing.
    When plugging it into the computer, I found, to my desperation, out that all the files on the memory card had been deleted.
    So I started filling it up again, luckily I had taken a backup a few weeks before (but still, lost a lot of savefiles and new games)
    But after adding some games, I got the message that my card was full. It couldn't be full, I had only added 20 games. Which means the old files must still be there, I just can't see them.

Is it possible to recover my lost files, or are they lost forever?
    Desperately need ideas.
    I will never attempt to play TWEWY again.

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

You may need a program called

recover my files

http://www.recovermyfiles.com/

Or somethink else like it on google

3. m3romz

m3romz Well-Known Member

Hi playway,
    You already put your backup on your microSD? If so you don't have much chance to get your sav's back :-(

4. playway

playway Member

Jhon 591:
    Thanks, I'll look into it

m3romz:
    What, why?

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Your MicroSD may have been corrupted, and it may have just been a coincidence that it happened when TWEWY tried to create a save file on your MicroSD.

6. anthonypopo

anthonypopo Well-Known Member

dude this happend to my r4 i played pokemon Diamond Then My r4 froze then everything dissepeired mayb a over heat of ur acekard Cause when i played PD i've playied for like 4hrs :)

7. Khrmp

Khrmp Well-Known Member

Don't blame it on TWEWY. The important thing is not only on the number of games, but also keep in mind the space required to make save files for each game. If you had 120 games on your MicroSD, you'd need at least 62 Mb of free space. Any overloaded card WILL corrupt. I created a 1kb AR file with Platinum and it corrupted my card because it was apparantly full. It really isn't the game that's the problem. TWEWY's awesome so give it a shot.

8. playway

playway Member

Jhon 591:
    Thank you so much for the link!
    I purchased the program, and it recovered nearly all my files. From now on I'm taking backup every time I add a new game.

Khrmp:
    I had 6GB of free space.
    I've heard about other people having problems getting TWEWY to work too, but never about anyone geting their files deleted.

9. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

That's cause its the MicroSD's fault and not the game.

10. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

You should have looked if they is a freeware version on google!

11. p_wba

p_wba Well-Known Member

how can a acekard overheat? it's all flash memory is it not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.