1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help to modify my wii

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mini_biscuit, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mini_biscuit

mini_biscuit Member

Hi

im attempting to use the sadboy guide on how to hack a wii from the tutorial section. Thing is his guide, and the guide in his links, and also the guide on wiibrew.org are different!

one says to extract the private folder, one says to just grab the folder and place it on the sd card, one says copy the private folder

to me copy and extract are two different things.. copy is just drag, extract is right click and choose extract ???. please help, i dont want to kill my wii, i need a very simple guide for a girl, thanks ;D

2. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

If you havent firmware 4.0 since now try out my tutorial: https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=14420.0

Its good to understand (I get good feedback) and to your problem:
    In my oppinion copy the private folder and extract the data to a place is the same, because to get the private folder you have to copy you have to extract it first and there is no different in the end. ;)

3. bb200

bb200 Member

You mean extract or drag aad1f_vxxx.zip??

wiibrew meant is extract the file first and copy the private folder to SD Card.
    but you can directly extract the file to SD Card.

Be sure to backup the old file first!

4. mini_biscuit

mini_biscuit Member

Hi thanks

I dont have any files on this sd card, is a new one, nothing on it yet, will check out sbf's post and see if i can do it, if not i'll ask my brother to get it done for me :)

XxX
    Post Merge: [time]1247339757[/time]

Post Merge: [time]1247336252[/time]
    Hi

I did actually manage this today using sadboy's guide :eek:. How do i install a game?. I was thinking i just click on the homebrew channel and there would be a big list of games for me to choose from :-[

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.