1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[HELP] The World Ends With You (U)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Berzxrk, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berzxrk

Berzxrk New Member

I recently downloaded The World Ends With You (U) for the NDS, and it seems to freeze up when I reach the cut scene where Neku is running past Beat. Is there any way to fix this? ???

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

What flashcart? https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

3. themedster327

themedster327 Member

upgrade Your card...Or try and download it again, Just like Anandjones said, what is the flash cart

(yes i beat it 100% no problems)

4. faune

faune Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with the flashcart. :/ I've read on several forums and it seems like everyone has this problem regardless of what they're using to emulate. I've been through three different ROMs of the game to try and bypass the problem. You can download a save state on Yahoo or Google that will put you past the cutscene and into the next day. If you haven't played the game before, you'll miss a bit of the storyline, but you can always watch what you missed on Youtube or something, probably.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it should run fine on flashcarts (maybe not all, but some definitely run it fine) and PC based emulators cannot run it at all.

6. anandjones

The poster did not state what he/she was using. Also, it doesn't work on emulators at all at this point.

7. faune

faune Well-Known Member

Okay? Let me try to redefine what I was trying to say:

When I had the *same* problem- that is, the game freezing as soon as Neku and Beat cross one another during the CGI opening- I was trying to run the game off of my R4DS Ultra and Sandisk 4 GB Micro SDHC. I went looking for a solution and I found a forum where numerous people had the same problem, whether they were running off of R4 or M3, and there were tons of different flashcarts being used, from Sandisk to Kingston and beyond. Everyone was having the exact same problem, and only a handful of people could run the game without this interference.

So what I want to know is, is it possible that Square Enix put this in TWEWY to try and stop pirating, as they did with the teleport scenes in Chrono Trigger DS?

8. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

i don't think so the game worked fine with me

9. anandjones

TWEWY did not have the protection that was included in the SDK at that time.

10. Kebiinu

Kebiinu New Member

I also have this problem. Redownloaded it and everything. Right when Neku and that dude cross over eachother. What can be done about this?

Using Acekard 2.

11. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

I use a R4 and the game runs fine for me, have you upgraded to the latest firmware?

12. anandjones

Kebiinu, https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

13. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I still can't get this game to work on my M3 Real. I have the latest firmware, I've formatted my card, I downloaded the rom from here and still it freezes when the kids runs passed the guy in the open scene.

14. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

@ Mishy I had the same exact problem and I updated my System files (4.3c )and the cheat.db works fine now. Also if you are using any micro SD card over 4gig it tends to have problems but 4 gig and below it works fine (I use a 2gig and a 4 gig)

System Updates
    http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html

update your cheat.db even more here.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=84991 (the M3 Real uses the .db file)

15. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I have a 4GB SanDisk MicroSD HC card. Does it also matter that I have the "reset" option before I play the game. I read here in the thread that, that might be causing my problem as well.

16. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Never messed with the "reset" option, but the 4gb SanDisk Micro HC card should be fine thats exactly what I am using. my guess is try not using the reset and see what happens might also want to try re-downloading the rom again if all else fails. in all honesty we are both using the same flashcard and even the same Sd card and it works fine on mine so you shouldn't be having problems unless its a flaulty flashcart..*shudder* (I hope thats not the case) have you had any other problems with other roms?

17. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I've not had a problem with any roms unless it was a piracy check. And in that case I have the cheat.db file from gbatemp.

And I still can't get it go past the kid with skull hat...It's rather confusing.

I've reformatted, downloaded the rom fresh, have the most up to date firmware and the newest cheat file. It totally confuses me.

18. faune

faune Well-Known Member

Have you tried ARM7 patching?

19. Khrmp

Khrmp Well-Known Member

try this:

At the very beginning of the intro movie, open and close the lid of your DS (Do NOT turn it off!) and keep doing that until it passes the part where Neku passes Beat. This is a weird procedure, but it worked for me.

Note: This doesn't work on emulators.

Hope this helped. ;D

20. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I have tried and I'm afraid I'm not doing it right. If someone could send me a patched US version via PM that would be awesome.

I even downloaded the European version and nothing changed...So that's the only reason I'm requesting it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.