1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[Help]:Stardust Accelerator AR codes = freeze

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by lemonsatan, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lemonsatan

lemonsatan Guest

When I turn on any cheats on my R4, The game freezes at the beginning when I run the rom. There is a white screen and nothing appears after that.
    Can anyone help me?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Does it work without the cheats on? How are the cheats enabled? In database, or is the ROM patched with the codes?

3. lemonsatan

lemonsatan Guest

It works without cheats. Even using one cheat freezes it, I haven't tested all of them, the Rom isn't patched with the cheats because I don't know the correct format for the AR codes. (I'm using USRCHEAT.DAT)

4. anandjones

Well, try patching them with DSATM etc.

Format is something like:

D3000000 020A3010
    F20A3012 00000001
    D2000000 00000000

Actual code I made for Giana Sisters DS (Full Red Crystals)

Just have those in a .txt file, and load them. Remember, that codes aren't always stable and will usually work differently on a range of devices.

5. lemonsatan

lemonsatan Guest

I've been browsing around and there are different formats for the Cheat.txt that I have to patch with the game.
    Could someone provide me with a Cheat.txt that they use so I can grasp the actual layout?
    Sorry for the load of requests but my donor.nds screws up the game, whereas, before, I didn't have one and DSATM would just generate an Arm7 and Arm9.

I don't know what's wrong, whether my Cheat.txt is in an incorrect format or whether I'm supposed to patch with a Donor.nds.

Could someone please help me >_>

Thanks so much :D

New Dilema: When I arm7 patched it, using a donor.nds, the game itself would be a black screen, whereas, when I didn't use Donor.nds, the game worked fine, graphics and everything.

6. anandjones

That's why you don't ARM7 patch unless you can't get it working any way else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.