1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help Sorting DS R4 Roms in Alphabetical Order

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ltcook, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

Hi All
    Was just wandering if there is anyway to sort my Ds Games In Alphabetical order. I got onto the computer and put in my sd card and all the games are sorted. But once i put them in the R4 card and back into the ds the games are the same and all out of order. Its driving me nuts. There has to be a way. I wanted to do this for my 5 year old son so it is easier for him to find the game he wants faster instead of having to go through the whole lot. Also i wanted to sort them out easiest to hardest for him if i could. Again i also did this on the computer which was really easy but it did not take on R4.
    Thankyou for your help.

2. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Did you delete the numbers of the games?

That works.

3. sirmione

sirmione Member

Use google to find 'DriveSort'. Download & use this program to sort the files.
    It is the easiest way.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

The R4 firmware automatically sorts them alphabetically. Make sure only the name of the game is left in the filename, not the release number.

5. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

I have taken the numbers off the start of the games thinking that would work as it did on the computer but no luck. Still in the same order. I thought the r4 firmware would do sort it too but it does not. My son has an R4 Card and I have a TTDS Card. Both the same outcome.

6. 7mike7

7mike7 Well-Known Member

maybe you can make "A" "B" "C" folders

7. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

^Pretty good idea...

Maybe you have to enable ABC order in settings.

8. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

How would you do that in the settings? How would you get to the settings on an r4 and ttds card?
    Post Merge: [time]1257477735[/time]
    Looked everywhere to find out about enableing ABC order in settings on r4 card. Could not find anything.
    Could anyone help.

9. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

I have the same problem with my R4 SDHC 3 upgrade

My game does not appear in in Alphabetical Order

I have found out you can oredem them Alphabetical by pressing select
    and i have a few on Alphabetical order but not the rest

does anyone know how to do this ?

10. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

I think this is the best way.
    I've also got this problem on my TTDS, when I put a game on my MicroSD, it appears just somewhere in the row.

11. maggiemaymay

maggiemaymay Well-Known Member

I had the same problem too. Since I don't have a lot of games on my microSD, less than 20, I deleted all nds files from microSD, then copied one nds file at a time in alplabetical order from hard drive to microSD. All new files will appear at bottom.

12. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

I have 87 games on my tdds and my son has 39 on his r4. I also tried the deleting and recopying but they were still in the same order as before. I just wanted to make it easier for him to find games. If only i new how to get into the settings of the r4 and ttds cards as someone else on here suggested.But not sure how to do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.