1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help setting up an AK2i on a DSi v1.4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by NiER305, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiER305

NiER305 Member

I'm trying to set up an AK2i AKAIO 1.5.1 on a DSi v1.4 and I keep getting an error message telling me to turn the system off. I also have a DSL and it works with no problem. Is there anything that I have to do different to make it work on the DSi ?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Follow this tutorial:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=21995.0

You need to run an update for your Acekard (run it on the DS Lite) and then it will work on the DSi.

3. NiER305

NiER305 Member

I just did the update (ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds) on my DSL and rebooted it. Then I tried the AK2i on the DSi and it still doesn't work. What am I doing wrong??

4. TirithRR

You want the DS Lite update, not the DSi update. The DSi update is only used when updating on a DSi with 1.3 firmware
    http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/AceKard_2i_firmware_v1.4.zip

(There are two updates, run the one for use on the DS Lite).

5. NiER305

NiER305 Member

nothing yet.. I did the DSL update twice on my DSL but I still can't get it to work on the DSi.

6. TirithRR

Do you have an actual Acekard 2i or just an Acekard 2?

7. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

if it is a AK2i and it the update went crazy one you some nothing recognizes you AK2i then click on the "AK2i Recovery Guide" link.

But also you should make sure it IS an AK2i and not a AK2.

8. NiER305

NiER305 Member

The card says Acekard 2i and DSi compatible. I bought it from RealDSi.com so I think it's legit. ..Could the card be defective??

9. slingshot182

Hmm, is this place you bought it from an official retailer?

And, it might just be that you installed the firmware wrong, if so, then click on the first link in my sig, its a complete guide on how to set it up.

10. NiER305

NiER305 Member

It works perfectly on my DSL ..just not on the DSi. .. I'll format the MicroSD and try it again from scratch using your guide this time.

11. NiER305

NiER305 Member

I still can't get this thing to work.. there's gotta be something I'm overlooking. When doing the update on the DSL and it asks you to eject the card and insert it again, do you have to remove the MicroSD from the acekard as well?

12. slingshot182

No, DO NOT eject the MircoSd also, just the card. Then reinsert it, press b and follow the on-screen instructions.

13. NiER305

NiER305 Member

I've tried it every which way and nothing. I think I have a faulty card. I guess I'll leave that one for my DSL and get another one that's already been preflashed for the 1.4 DSi. http://www.simplymods.com/products/Acekard-2i.html

14. NiER305

NiER305 Member

I figured it out... I think. It turns out I have a clone AK2i (HWID: 8181) so I'm unable to update it. I'm surprized I didn't damage the card with so many attempts. ..Is there any hope for this card or am I stuck having to only use it on the DSL?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.