1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help selecting a Flash Cart!

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by VivaTequila, May 4, 2012.

1. VivaTequila

VivaTequila Member

Hey guys, you were super helpful at introducing me to Super Cards for the DS and so I thought I'd come back and ask the experts as you're all so helpful :)

From what I gather, most SD Cards fit in Slot 2 these days and can have Micro SD card slot into them which contain the games. I just want to get the cheapest MicroSD and regular flash cart that will enable me to play games on my original Nintendo DS.

I've been reccomended the Original R4 card (pictured below) in my other thread, but I wanted a card with some specific functionality...
    [​IMG]

I basically wanted 3 things
    > to be able to play recent Pokemon games (SoulSilver/Heartgold, Diamond/Pearl, Black/White)
    > to have NDS files that are the same format as read by no$gba or DeSuMe
    > to be able to interchangably use the save file formats on my DS or on my computer

> and also if possible, to be able to use the WiFi function to battle friends when they have their DS's with them.

I was wondering what sites you bought yours off - because I can't find any that look reliable that ship to Australia. All of the card sites look dodgy as hell.

Any tips, guys? And thank you kindly for your help with providing links to pages where I can buy from :) It's really very appreciated and may good karma come to you for taking the time out of your day to help me

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Ok.

The Original R4 will do pretty much everything you listed.
    However, DeSmuME and No$GBA both use different saves from all flashcarts (I think...)

I am Aussie and I use Oz3DS.
    They are quick and very good.

3. VivaTequila

VivaTequila Member

Amazing quick reply - Oz3DS it is then! I'm going to link the link which I plan to buy from - can you confirm it for me?

I can't find the Original R4 there. Which of these do u reccomend?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

None, get the acekard or the supercard ds two.

5. VivaTequila

VivaTequila Member

Sure... but can you explain why...?

6. Loonylion

Most R4s and R4is are fakes with poor compatibility. SCDS2 and acekard 2i are original carts that have very good compatibility and aren't ripped off nearly as much as the R4s are

7. VivaTequila

VivaTequila Member

Cheers again for responding quickly I am appreciative.

Could you by any chance spend a few minutes and link me to credible websites where I can purchase the flash cart from? I don't really mind what it does, so long as it plays HG and SS, Diamond and Pearl, Black and White without too much blood sweat and tears.

Would Oz3DS sell illegitimate DS cards despite Aeither giving them a positive testament?

8. Loonylion

yes any website would sell the fakes, because they do actually work in the sense that they play some roms. They're classed as 'fake' because they named themselves 'R4' in order to leech off of the good reputations established by the original R4 and R4i (which were good carts in their time). The so-called 'fakes' are not good enough to stand out on their own so they need to steal the R4 name in order to sell. They do play some roms, maybe even most roms, but firmware updates for them are infrequent (if they come at all) meaning they generally cant play newer roms or roms with complex anti piracy features.

9. VivaTequila

VivaTequila Member

so what you're saying is it's impossible to get the R4's or no? where can I get legitimate ones hypothetically speaking if I were to try to find them?

otherwise can you help me find a reputable seller for the Acekard or others? Especially within Australia

10. Loonylion

its very difficult to find original R4s because they were discontinued years ago, original R4is are still made, but theres so many fakes it can be difficult to tell which is original and which isnt.

Oz3ds that you linked sells both acekart and supercard ds two.

11. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

As Loony said above, all flashcart websites sell 'fakes'.
    We know they are rip-offs, but a lot of sellers do not.

Anyhow. Oz3DS sells the Acekard 2i and the Supercard DSTwo.
    Choose one of those flashcarts.

The DSTwo is more expensive but it is fancier with features, but, you will most likely never encounter a problem with AP.
    With the Acekard 2i, you might once or twice.

Both carts play clean versions of the games listed (tested them) with the latest firmware.

And sorry for not reliazing Oz3DS didn't sell the Originals. I thought it did.
    Anyway, hope all this info helps.

12. VivaTequila

VivaTequila Member

Very much so Aeither! And Loonylion! Thanks for your help, I just ordered an Acekard 2i from their website :)

I'll come back if I have any problems, but otherwise consider me one happy customer :D

13. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Your welcome.

Notify us when you get your order.
    One took about 2 weeks, but that was without express post.
    Express will make it a lot quicker.

14. doctor-ds

doctor-ds New Member

www.R4andMORE.com

Fast, Reliable, Quality Australian Flash Card Supplier

Australia's Biggest Range and Best Prices Guaranteed!

15. VivaTequila

VivaTequila Member

Ordered it on Friday May 04, 2012, 03:09:01 PM and recieved it today (May 22).

Not bad, and it works and is legit, so I'm content. $23 for all pokemon games is more than great :D

16. lynne madsen

lynne madsen Member