1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help section when looking at roms..

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Malino, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Ok, well, whenever a new rom is released, theres always something wrong with it, either needs to be patched or like the YGO 2010 rom, some people had to turn off the animations to get it to run on No$Gba.

So, a tab(Like it has for comments and such), for people to post fixes for the games(like patches and such)..

2. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Guess it could work for people who don't know about/people who don't visit the forum much, but that is what Tech Help is for.

3. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

True, but it could help reduce the number of same questions asked OVER AND OVER.

4. slingshot182

Yes, that does get annoying when people are too lazy to use the search button.

5. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Could also cut down on people having to decipher what some people type, since some people smash words together and such.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

There is already a tab on top called "Forum Threads". And it works. And there is also a link to the Technical Help section right above where you make comments

7. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

I never noticed that until right now tbh.

8. TirithRR

I was actually surprised it was working, cause I remember for the longest time it didn't :) (Seph snuck it in there on us).

It seems to work pretty well right now though.

9. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

I guess it is. :p I still wonder why peoples till ask questions then. xD Guess I'll have to think of an even greater suggestion now! =]

10. slingshot182

Yeah, the forum threads button used to never work for me.

11. TirithRR

It seems now I have to go back through my AP sticky topic and make sure all the games names are spelled correctly and full so that the topic appears in the Forum Thread tab.

(And people still ask questions in the comments because regardless of how largely things are spelled out or how often things are pointed to, people still don't read everything and just panic and hit the "help me!" button).

12. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

So, as long as you keep AP sticky topic thingy in order, the help thing should work?

13. TirithRR

Yes, it seems that it's appearing under all the games. It wasn't under the Dragon Ball 2 game, but I think that's because I had added a : or so in the title.

14. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Ahh, well keep up the good work, so noone has to suggest this same idea again. ;)