1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help running NDS games

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ValG, Mar 5, 2008.

1. ValG

ValG Member

Hi, wonder if anyone can help out here. I'm a newbie as you can more than likely see, and I have downloaded some games for my grandaughters and myself of course ;) but for some reason there are a couple that I'm having trouble with when I open them up. The first is with Disney Princess - Magical Jewels all I get is a blank white screen. The other one I have a problem with is Puzzle Quest Challenge of the Warlords on this one it fires up with the first intro screen and then just goes blank. - I have many other games that run perfectly. I am using a supercard one. Hope someone can lead me in the right direction - be gentle with me I am very very new to all of this ;D

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Chances are your firmware needs updating. There should be something in the tutorials board about that.

3. ValG

ValG Member

I updated the firmware as soon as I bought the supercard which was only a couple of weeks ago.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

they periodically release new firmwares, so it's always a good thing to check when a game won't work. However, it may be that there isn't a firmware supporting those games yet.

5. daffy

daffy New Member

I'm also having trouble with Puzzle Quest Challenge of the Warlords. Mine does not go black, but after firing up it says: Error! The data could not be read. Turn off the power and reinsert the DS card. Does anyone know what to do about that?

6. RothStaR

RothStaR New Member

@daffy: I'm having the same problem but if you hold A while loading it loads in non DMA mode and should work. Only thing is you have to remember to do that every time you load up. Hope a more permanent solution comes up soon.

7. scarab5Q

scarab5Q New Member

Hey I am having the same problem and I have the latest firmware for R4i Gold i checked 2 minutes before posting this it gets all the way up to the part where it says start quest then it goes blank help would be appreciated

8. DePeeters

DePeeters Member

Do you have the EOS firmware?
    That's the latest one.
    And you might try downloading a clean rom.