1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help.. R4 SDHC - upgrade card . what am i doing wrong??

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jimhall7, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimhall7

jimhall7 Member

we have had various versions of the R4 card over the years and have had no problems downloading the correct software to run it ect , but this time the store has sent us a R4 SDHC -UPGRADE and its doing my head in.. we have followed the new correct software download to the point and when the card is insertred it keeps saying "the file name is too long please reduce" .

when i speak to the company about this they are telling me to use a different download company ..
    Now i have used you for almost 2 years with no hassel so whats going on now?? am im over looking something really stupid or is it a hardware/software problem that should be sent back.
    thanks in advance..

stressed!! ??? ??? ::)

2. pugmalion1

pugmalion1 Well-Known Member

Backup all of your files to your hard drive, format your SD card, and reinstall the firmware. You can find the latest version here.

Also, are you positive that you have an R4 III - Upgrade, and not an R4 III SDHC or an R4 SDHC? I don't know what the difference is, but they all have different firmwares, apparently.

3. Riceicle

Riceicle New Member

I am having exactly the same problem, have you managed to fix this issue yet? I tried the suggested link above but have had no joy. I to am extremely stressed.

4. Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets Well-Known Member

I am using firmware virsion 1.25 for my R4 SDHC which, works fine.

Try this link http://rapidshare.com/files/185737231/English-1.25_SDHC.rar.html

5. Riceicle

Riceicle New Member

Thanks for the reply but when I click the link I am getting the following message
    "This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.
    This limit is reached.
    To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information."
    Is there anything else I can try?

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You can download all the firmware files from www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds

7. Riceicle

Riceicle New Member

Thanks for the update, the site is great but I am not further along. I guess I must have a faulty card.

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Well the R4 clones have never been known for great quality, but they generally do at least work with some games. If you have the box you got it with then it'd be easier to say if you're using the right firmware, because as you can see from the linFox site there are more than 10 different clones of the original R4 cart.

9. Riceicle

Riceicle New Member

The box says it is a R4 - SDHC Upgrade, I don't believe it is listed on the site.
    No worries anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond.

10. gljones70

gljones70 New Member

I have the same card....does yours have a web address in really small writing, that is where I went, downloaded the files and it works, just need to get games on now. not sure where to create the games folder, so will have to experiment... is different to my previous card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.