1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help - Prof Layton rar file

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Olibear, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Olibear

Olibear Member

Hi,
    Im very new to this, I have tried to see if I can find an obvious answer to my question but I cant.

I bought a R4 Revolution for DS card today with various games on, I want to add more games of my own. I tried to download prof layton and although its showing on my games list on the computer when i put the card in the DS its not there.

The games that do come up have SAV & NDS files (all have both), prof layton is a rar file. How do i make it work.

Thanks in advance of your help.

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Use Winrar to extract the NDS file from the rar file.

3. Olibear

Olibear Member

Do i download winrar? Sorry im not very good at this (i hope to learn)

4. sylar1000

Yes, you can download it from: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

5. Olibear

Olibear Member

Really appreciate your help is it the English 32 bit or 64 bit

6. sylar1000

No problem

Depends on what version of Windows you have, most likely you will need the 32 bit version

7. Olibear

Olibear Member

I have Windows 7?

8. sylar1000

Ah, i think you need the 32 bit version then.

9. Olibear

Olibear Member

Right I've clicked to download, do i save it to my computer or to the F drive (USB port)

10. sylar1000

Save it to your computer

When it's done downloading, double click on it and install it.

Then clicking on the prof. layton file should open it in winrar

11. Olibear

Olibear Member

I have installed winrar and clicked on prof layton and it does open it in winrar, there are two files a nds one and a MS info configaration one. I have tried to open the nds file and it asks me to choose a programme, winrar isnt coming up. Am i doing something wrong.

12. sylar1000

Do you have a Zip drive thing to plug into your computer to put games on? If so, plug it into the computer with your Micro SD card plugged in, then extract the NDS file to your card

13. Olibear

Olibear Member

I have done it and it has worked thank you so so much. Can i ask one more question, if i delete some games from my F drive (USB port) but keep them on my ds backup file will it free up space to add more (I know that sounds common sense but i want to ask as not to delete everything).

14. sylar1000

What's a ds backup file? Sorry,i don't really understand, is it a folder or something on your computer?

15. Olibear

Olibear Member

I made a file on my computer and dragged a copy of all the games i had into it, i read it somewhere to make a back up file, so all the games are "safe" i believe if i made a copy? Is that right

16. sylar1000

Ah, thats good, make sure you you copy all the save files too. Then you can delete the games from your micro sd card and free up space.

17. Olibear

Olibear Member

Thank you once again. Im going to download some games now i know how. (hopefully i can remember)

18. sylar1000

No problem, glad to help :)

Have fun with the games.

19. cbrinlee

cbrinlee New Member

did you find out how? I am new at this too and not sure how to proceed. Please advise if you have heard back on how to, thank you.

20. sylar1000

What problem are you having exactly?