1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[HELP] Problem with Inazuma Eleven (DS)

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Steve_Jobs, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Steve_Jobs

Steve_Jobs Member

Hello everyone, guys! :)

Please, if I've made a mistake, don't bawl me... I'm a newbie and I didn't know where to post.:-[

I wanted to know a thing: I've downloaded a DS game for my cousin, Inazuma Eleven, but I can't launch it. When I try to do it, this error occurs:

Code:
    [Rom loading failed] load rom errcode=-4 Please reset system.
    How can I fix this? I'm told to upgrade the firmware of R4 but my cousin doesn't have that, he has a DDST. Is there someone who could help me step to step? I'm really a crap about this stuff! :(

2. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=56439.0

EDIT: just noticed this is a duplicate request, you have the same request in the technical help section.

3. Steve_Jobs

Steve_Jobs Member

Yep, I know. But I didn't know where to post my help request. Sorry! :-[

BTW, thanks for the link, I'll check on it.;)

P.S.: A little curiosity: DSTT or TTDS are the same thing? I still didn't get it.???

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

@ Steve,

You said your cart is an R4, while your cousin's a DSTT?

You both could use 'YSMENU or TTMENU' as a secondary firmware. You need to first download (RGF) Retrogamefan's Multicart YSMENU update from : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0. Once downloaded, unpack it using WINRAR/WINZIP/7ZIP program. In it you get to see several folders.

Steps:
    1. Duplicate the entire files in your SD MICRO into a folder and keep it in your PC (for backup and later use)
    2. Use PANASONIC SD FORMATER (find and download free from the internet) to format your SD MICRO (-FULL FORMAT-)
    3. Open RGF's Multicart folder, locate "KNOW CARTS THAT CAN USE DSTT" text file. Read it and choose which sub folder you must use
    4. Copy the content of the appropriate sub-folder (it contain the secondary firmware you'll be using); except the .txt file ;
    send it to your SD Micro
    5. Now send back the original files of your SD MICRO that you had before formatting into your SD MICRO (remember that you should keep a
    back up in your PC for safety)
    6. Once done, place the SD Micro back into your flashcart, run the DS.
    7. Go to your game folder, locate YSMENU.NDS or TTMENU.NDS (either are the same depending on which folder you copied over), now choose it
    as if its a game.
    8. Once the YSMENU.NDS / TTMENU.NDS load, you may choose whatever game you want to play. From here on, everytime you want to play
    games, run YSMENU.NDS / TTMENU.NDS first before choosing the game.
    9. Each time you will need to update the YSMENU/TTMENU; so just download the updated file; Open the TTMENU FOLDER in your SD MICRO,
    locate these DAT files (extinfo.dat, infolib.dat, savlib.dat). Replace those 3 files with the newer files to update.

That's about it. Do the same procedure for your cousin's cart too.

5. Steve_Jobs

Steve_Jobs Member

You're my saviour, prectorian, thank you very much! :)

Now all games run, thanks again.:D