1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help, please?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Bear11, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Bear11

Bear11 New Member

I just bought my little brother a DSI for his birthday. I've heard that one can download completely free games to it, but I do not know how to do that.
    Can anyone instruct me on how to get free games for my bro?
    Thanks all.
    -A.

2. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

first of all, you need to buy a flashcart (I recommend an acekard). You also need a micro sd (acekard supports micro sdhc till 32gb).

Download your firmware.

Download your nds rom in our nds section.
    extract the .nds file with winrar/winzip/7zip.

Drag the .nds file to your micro sd (via pc of course).

Put the micro sd in your flashcart.

Put yor flashcart in your ds.

Launch the game :)

3. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?board=55.0

A place where you can get .nds ROMs once you do buy a flashcart. As Ath said, a good one is Acekard 2i. Absolutely do NOT get an R4 unless you know it is genuine. Even then, you'll be better off with another flashcart that supports a bigger microSD card (The R4 can support up to 2gb.)

4. Bear11

Bear11 New Member

Thanks guys! That was incredibly helpful.

5. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

Also the SCDS2 ( supercard ds2 ) is a lot better it is much more expensive but i can do things that the acekard can't like play Gba gbc nes snes aswell as all commercial nds and homebrew is even play's movie's directly without conversion (usually to play movies on a ds you need to convert it to a dpg format )

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

acekard can play GBC nes and snes, as well as pretty much all nds and homebrew.

7. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

really i was told it had no support for anything but .nds files eg homebrew and nds games
    i might actually get one now but i also noticed you didnt say gba does it support that as well ?

8. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure only slot-2 cards can play GBA

9. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

i know for sure that Iplayer Ex4i and SCDS2 all support gba without slot 2 (so it works on dsi's and 3DS's ) altho the Ex4i no longer works on my 3DS since the update and i lost my scds2

10. Loonylion

iplayer wont play nds roms though.

acekard2i will support GBA if it has a supporting slot 2 cart. Otherwise it wont. scds2 is the exception because it has an onboard cpu that runs an emulator. the DS itself isnt capable of emulating GBA.

11. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

i thought so but the iplayer was still a great card without the nds support until other cards came out with their own gba and movie support eg: Ex4i and scds2
    also the iplayer played movies much better than the scds2

12. katrina0126

katrina0126 Member

I know one site which provide free games always,you can download here...

13. Loonylion

linking to or naming other romsites is against the rules.

14. Crazyplayboy

Crazyplayboy Well-Known Member

First, get a flashcard , if your system has been updated to DSi V1.43 , then you can only choose R4i gold 3DS , other card were temporary blocked! if you still stay on V1.42 , then choose any good cards, such as Acekard 2i , DSTwo, R4i gold 3DS....

Then, get a SD card , you will put the firmware and game roms in it

Third, download the flashcard firmware and game roms, then put them in your SD card

Done !

15. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

When you do get a flashcard you can find many ds games in the rom sharing section and rom request sections of these forums

16. Loonylion

naming is against the rules just the same as linking.

17. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Why would you name other rom sites. Filesharing sites are perfectly fast enough

18. taenew1234

taenew1234 New Member

You are unable to beat Dribble's stage on WarioWare: Twisted. When the Voice button is clicked under Narrator, you have only one voice named Microsoft Sam. Is there any other voices for XP Narrator?

19. Loonylion

in theory you can download others but ive never seen any.