1. This forum is in read-only mode.

help please

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by caddyshack, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caddyshack

caddyshack New Member

Hello there my name is mark and i am using this site for the first time,Today my daughter bought a r4cardand a micro sd card to download games for her nintendo ds.I have tried for hours now and read the tutorials but im still getting nowhere fast (lol).I know u guys probably get asked all the time for help,but is there some sort of idiot guide to getting started.
    I have downloaded a game and extracted with winrar but thats where the problems start,I dont know how to get it onto the card to play on the ds.Any help would be appreciated as i need to get my daughter of my case(lmao).Thx in advance.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It's in the wrong place to ask (see-Technical help) but no matter :)

Anyway-to put it onto a card you will need a micro SD card and ethier a multi-card reader or (if you luck like me :) ) use the on board card slot-but it will need an SD adapter to work.

You will also need the r4's firmware-google r4 and locate the home page.

Other than that-I haven't got much else, I see r4's as annoying to use since the people who made them stopped thier work awhile ago-thus the market has been hit by floods...that and they don't seem to auto dldi patch themselves-one game may work in an instant with say Acekard whilst R4's may need some work.

They were a respected brand years ago but times have changed.

Anyway-it'll still work but you might like to remember us-because you remind me of...well me (totally new) and because the r4's may need a bit of extra help to get some games working.

What games have you got-it may help so we can re-direct you to the required patches for them-if needed that is :)

Well hopefully someone with r4 knoledge comes about-good luck :)

3. caddyshack

caddyshack New Member

I havnt got any games as such yet,I downloaded dinos summat and extracted using winrar.Do i now drag into my removeable disk j (thats the t flash usb thingy),Or is it a bit more complicated.I also downloaded english 1.11,Is this something i need or am i way off. thx in advance
    Post Merge: [time]1250599068[/time]
    Ok just to update read a few more tutorials and finally yes finally got one game to work will keep u updated lol.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Not sure about the firmware but it should work.

Yes just drag it in-all there is too it-just the .nds file.

As for firmware...welll for my card I just shoved that inside after extracting it.

But not sure-we had a user here who after 2 months finally got it to work-sad but true :('

Give it a go-start with the firmware then "dino summit" later.

Once the firmware works then start loading the games-should be able to browse the menu for a bit-if wrong then an error message shall pop up letting you know what the deal is.

5. caddyshack

caddyshack New Member

hello im back again lo,I downloaded imagine baby club and when it turns on it says the saved data could not be accessed.Please turn the power off and reinsert the ds card,is this something i have done or does it need a so called patch that i read about lol.

6. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ah, so it worked :)

What you experienced is something that the r4's always seem to do-it may require an arm7 patch.

Look in the tutorials secion or the stickies in the "technical help" section.

8. caddyshack

caddyshack New Member

Ok thx guys for your help i have got the games to work,plus one daughter to stop nagging.Im sure i will have other questions to ask so thx for now lol.

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

No worries :)

Should have to deal with my brother-he beats the games quicker than he finished meals :(

Not a god thing..especially on my download limit.

Hope to hear from you-remember we do more than tech support :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.