1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help please with R4i and region coding

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by nickydsi, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickydsi

nickydsi Active Member

I have a dsi and just got a r4i sdhc the red one with V1.4 on the front
    i have 2 questions

1) are the flash cards region coded like the dsi, im trying to get harvest moon sunshine islands to work on it but it wont and as you can only get the game in USA region thought this might be why.(used to have a ds and all regions worked on the R4 card)

2) little inexperinced with all this and i need to get another flash card for my son, not that impressed with r4i sdhc can you recomend a better one please

Thanks

2. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

1. Normal Games are NOT region Coded, although some dsi only ones might be. DSWare can only be used on the DS it was downloaded onto.
    2. I don't know really any more as AKAIO for Acekard may be stopped.

3. nickydsi

nickydsi Active Member

so why cant i get harvest moon sunhine islands to work then? ive had a black screen come up with sound only got that by replacing the arm7, arm7 and arm9 has ablank white screen with no sound
    Post Merge: [time]1263412238[/time]
    would really like some help please someone?????

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Make sure you have the latest firmware. http://linfoxdomain.com/ds/

A good choice is the Acekard 2i, with AKAIO.

5. iwantndsroms

iwantndsroms Well-Known Member

i have both a r4i v1.4 and an acekard 2i and this game works on my ds lite and my dsi fine you must have done something wrong or the rom is corrupted,what is the firmware on your dsi,look in the systems settings menu TOP screen bottom right hand corner it will tell you there mine is ver 1.3E

6. nickydsi

nickydsi Active Member

its version 1.14b

7. iwantndsroms

iwantndsroms Well-Known Member

Then i think it should work,where did you download the rom from ?what does the dsi do when you try to load the game harvest moon sunshine islands

8. nickydsi

nickydsi Active Member

down loaded it from here.

it comes up as saying creating save file, then goes to the next screen with the bar loading the game then just stops just before the bar has finished loading

9. Dougie8865

Dougie8865 Member

Do other games work? I had problem with loading which was solved using a 2gb micro SD instead of a 4gb one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.