1. This forum is in read-only mode.

help please technology retard here!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by pinky11, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinky11

pinky11 Member

hi all im very new to all this and i have just recieved my itouch2 in the mail and either they dont come with instructions or the guy didnt put them in, i have gone to the itouchds.com website but cant find any help on there, how do i use it etc?? any help would b much appreciated!! im in new zealand if thts of any use?? thanx :)

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

This site has a small how to on a lot of cards:
    http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/?mode=desc&fileid=1786

You have to have a MicroSD card that fits inside your flashcart. And you need to put the firmware files onto your MicroSD card. You can get them from www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds

3. pinky11

pinky11 Member

yip i have a micro sd crad tht goes inside the adaptor but i will go to these websites and c what i can work out, thanx heaps! :)
    Post Merge: [time]1248322306[/time]
    hi again, i have been to both sites and downloaded the firmware and tryed to put it on my sd card and it says its on there but when i put it in2 my dsl it says there is no game pak inserted....am i doing something wrong?

4. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

So the DS just starts up as usual and doesn't recognise that the iTouch is in there? Try putting some folded paper in the slot to push the iTouch's contact strips in more.

5. pinky11

pinky11 Member

hi yes that worked but it came up with no boot.xxx file found

6. tehuber1337

You probably just haven't extracted the firmware, then.

7. pinky11

pinky11 Member

I downloaded itouchds loader from the linfox domain unzipped it but unsure what to do next

8. tehuber1337

Copy the files to your microSD card such that the boot.xxx file and the iTouch folder are not in any other folders (ie, the "root" directory).

I dunno if this applies to the iTouch2; I'm just going by the firmware setup of my old iTouch. It should be the same, if not similar, though.

9. pinky11

pinky11 Member

i will try doing tht again but i think the card is broke cos u gta hold it in so looks like ill b getting an r4!

10. tehuber1337

You're typically much better off without an R4, but if you're going to get one then get one of these.

11. pinky11

pinky11 Member

ahhh ok, i kno nothing bout any of this and im hoping i can get this to work
    Post Merge: [time]1248412482[/time]
    i still cant find the boot.xxx file dont no what im doing wrong

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.