1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help please! DSi firmware upgrade :(

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by mahgninnuc93, Feb 7, 2011.

1. mahgninnuc93

mahgninnuc93 New Member

I looked through the forums and Google and couldn't find a straight answer.
    MY 8 year old daughter accidentally upgraded the firmware on her DsI to 1.4.1U.
    We are using the R4upgrade card with the V1.4 on the front.
    With the upgraded firmware she cannot play any of her games at this point.
    Is there any way to downgrade the firmware back to 1.3 or am I stuck until the folks at R4 come up with a fix for this?

I am out of work and cannot afford to buy another type of card. ANY help or suggestions would be appreciated. :)
    Thanks in advance!

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

what site is your card from?

3. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

There is no way to downgrade your DSi, part of Nintendo's AP plot.

So you will have to update the card. Assuming that your card IS compatible with 1.4. Then you will need to find a firmware that has a 1.4 update. I don't know many about the R4 though. I think the WoodR4 firmware is though.

4. mahgninnuc93

mahgninnuc93 New Member

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com

I already looked there. Tried to DL the newest and still not getting anything to work.
    Post Merge: [time]1297056455[/time]
    Soulrunner, can I use the Wood1.4 firmware on the R4 card? If so where would I find it?

Many thanks!

5. iluvfupaburgers

as soulrunner mentioned, you cant downgrade the dsi. and your cart cant support dsi firmware 1.4.1, so you have to either buy a new flashcart (which i recommend either a supercard dstwo or acekard 2i) or start buying the original games

6. slingshot182

Yes, you can yes the Wood firmware on your R4, seeing as it u the card it wad made for. However, you will have to use Google to find it, because ad I said before, I left the R4 scene allobg tine ago.
    Post Merge: [time]1297056697[/time]
    Being an DSi R4 clone. Wouldn't it be able to handle the upgrade?

7. iluvfupaburgers

no you cant. i went to his card's site and there is a message on the bottom that says that products with v1.4 logo will not work on dsi firmware 1.4.1 and should not update the dsi

8. mahgninnuc93

mahgninnuc93 New Member

Where did you see that iluv?
    iask because on the download page it shows a picture of the card that I have and did not mention 1.4.1

Thanks again folks!

9. iluvfupaburgers

its on the home page of the site you gave me. just scroll down and it is on red font

10. slingshot182

I don't know about that, I set my sister up with a card that sounds a lot like his, and it works with her DSi 1.4

11. iluvfupaburgers

well, you just said it yourself, firmware v1.4 which the card does support but he updated to v1.4.1 which will not work with that card

12. slingshot182

Gack, oh yeah..... You might be outta luck guy. But even if you are outta work. Good cards that work with 1.4.1 are only like 15$. Sorry.. :/

13. jamespoo

jamespoo Member

yes you can

Go to the Settings menu on your Nintendo DSi and select Memory
    Choose Format System Memory and then press Initialize System
    Touch the Format button to perform the system reset on your Nintendo DSi. Once complete, your DSi will have been downgraded back to its factory condition with no updates, add-ons or extraj

14. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

No, you can't.
    That returns everything to system default, bar the system menu.