1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help out a newb...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by SSgt Diablo, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSgt Diablo

SSgt Diablo New Member

Hello everyone,
    New to the scene and just need some info from the more experienced. I just bought a R4 (flash cart i think) with a 2gb Kingston micro sd preloaded with games.

My questions are: How do I find out what version I have (firmware?) so I can update to a higher?

And I bought a 4gb Gigaware micro sd (Radio Shack - on sale $13.99), but can't get to work, I transferred all the files from the 2gb to the 4gb. Do I need to download something to make it compatible?

Thank you in advance, I tried searching but M3, 1.18, etc still confuses me at the moment. Again, thank you for your help...

Or if you can point me in the right direction (link or post similar to mine I can research)

2. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

To check your firmware, just load up your R4 and it'll say the version you're using at the bottom left corner of the screen (before you choose "Games" or anything). One thing is, there are loads of different R4s on the market, so you need to check what the name of it is on the box to get the right firmware. What's yours called? And I'm sorry to say the 4Gb MicroSD was probably a waste of money if yours is an original (or one which doesn't support SDHC). 4Gb MicroSDs are SDHC. To get the latest version of the firmware for any type of R4, go to www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds but make sure you get the right files for your card. If you need any more help, or more details, just ask.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.