1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help on Wipeout 3 Downloads (RESOLVED <3)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Snopel, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Snopel

Snopel New Member

Well I've been trying to download Wipeout 3 for ages. But it keeps coming up with 14 parts!! That's what I'm stuck on.
    I've tried downloading all 14 and then extracting them into one but there was an error. "Could not be read"

So. I want your help. What do I do with the 14 parts? Do I download them all and extract them or do I just download one particular part? And what am I supposed to do when I get the certain part you're talking about?
    Help would be VERY much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Re: Help on Wipeout 3 Downloads

I'm not sure what you are using to extract it. But you should be using WinRAR.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=3880.0

There aren't 14 parts. It's just on RAR file. And inside the rar is a folder which contains a BIN and CUE file. These are the Disc Image and the instruction sheet that tells the program how the data is laid out on the disc.

3. Snopel

Snopel New Member

@Tirith: I don't have WinRAR. And I don't know if I want to buy it. =\
    I was using ExtractNow. Worked all the time for me.

And about the parts, there are like 5 sites that say "Wipeout 3 download"
    "Part 1|Part 2|Part 3 " Etc etc. Is there a way to download it all as one part?

EDIT: I just read it... and it says I don't HAVE to buy it. o_O
    But when I want to use it it says I have to buy it or use a trial ver. =\

Problem Resolved. <3
    Thank you.

4. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

WinRAR can be used in trial mode (badly programmed so will continue working after 40 days)

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It's not badly programmed, that's just the way it is. It will occasionally nag you to support the developers (never if you don't actually open the WinRAR program and instead use the right click menu), but they chose to let people use it without having to pay.

For future reference, when ever you have an issue with a download that exists on Romulation, we are going to assume you downloaded the file from Romulation :)
    [nobbc]https://www.romulation.org/PSX/Wipeout_3_%5BU%5D_%5BSLUS-00865%5D.rar.html/[/nobbc]

It's hard for us here to know exactly what files you are downloading, and what format they may/may not be in.

(And just advanced warning, linking to other rom download sites is against the rules here).